HAIRSTON.org ID#27, b. 13 May 1759, d. 26 January 1819
|Father*||Nicholas PERKINS1 b. a 1718, d. a 25 Feb 1762|
|Birth*||Elizabeth PERKINS was born on 13 May 1759 in Halifax, Virginia.2,3,4|
|She was the daughter of Nicholas PERKINS and Bethenia HARDING.1|
|Will||In Nicholas PERKINS's will dated 25 February 1762 in Williamson Co., Tennessee, Elizabeth PERKINS was named as an heir.1|
|Marriage*||She married Capt. William LETCHER, son of Giles LETCHER and Hannah HUGHES, on 20 November 1778 in Pittsylvania Co., Virginia.3|
|Marriage*||Elizabeth PERKINS married Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON, son of Capt. Robert HAIRSTON and Ruth STOVALL, on 1 January 1781 in Virginia; Widow of William Letcher who was shot by Tories on 2 August 1780.|
HIRSTON FAMILY BIBLE.5,6,4
|Death*||Elizabeth PERKINS died on 26 January 1819 at age 59; "Died - At her residence in the County of Henry on Tuesday January 26th, Mrs. Elizabeth Hairston, consort of Col. George Hairston, in the 60th year of her age." Lynchburg Press and Public Advertiser, Thursday, February 25, 1819, p. 3, c. 4 - From the marriage and obituary citations compiled by Bernard J. Henley from Virginia newspapers on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. (Library of Virginia Film 137).2,6,4|
|Burial*||She was buried in Beaver Creek Plantation, Henry County, Virginia; |
Photo: Find A Grave by shakestheground.7
|Capt. William LETCHER b. 1741, d. 2 Aug 1780|
|Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON b. 20 Sep 1750, d. 5 Mar 1827|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S55] Harden Hairston Family Bible, 1750-1908. The Holy Bible containing The Old & New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues,.....J. Holbrook's Sterotype Copy., Eighth Edition, Brattleborough, (Vt.), 1817, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S113] Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications.
- [S249] George Hairston Family Bible - 1750-1916, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Cooperstown, (N.Y.) Sterotyped, Printed and Published by H. & E. Phinney, 1829., Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S142] Hairston Family, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Boston, Published by C. Ewer, T. Bedlington, and J. H. A. Frost. 1828., North Carolina, State Archives of North Carolina.
- [S15] Beaver Creek Plantation Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia.
|Last Edited||30 Jan 2017|