John Adams HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#45, b. 15 March 1799, d. 7 September 1849
|Father*||Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON1 b. 20 Sep 1750, d. 5 Mar 1827|
|Mother*||Elizabeth PERKINS1 b. 13 May 1759, d. 26 Jan 1819|
|Birth*||John Adams HAIRSTON was born on 15 March 1799 in Virginia.2,1|
|He was the son of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON and Elizabeth PERKINS.1|
|Census 1830*||John Adams HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1830 in Patrick County, Virginia, John A Hartin, Males: 20-29 4, 30-39 1, Slaves: 57.3|
|Marriage*||He married Malinda CORN, daughter of Nancy HANCOCK, on 5 November 1833 in Patrick County, Virginia; Minister Stephen Hubbard.4|
|Census 1840*||John Adams HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1840 in Yalobusha County, Mississippi, Males <5 2 (George, Marshall), 40-49 1 (John), Females <5 1 (Ruth), 5-9 1 (Elizabeth), 20-29 1 (Malinda), Slaves 96.5|
|Census 1841 Miss*||He appeared on the Mississippi Census of 1841 in Yalobusha County, Mississippi.6|
|Death*||He died on 7 September 1849 in Yalobusha County, Mississippi, at age 50. He is not listed in 1850 census.|
|Property*||Malinda (John's wife), Ruth A., George S., John M. and Susan A. (his children) acquired 780 acres in Patrick County "on waters of Goblintown Creek, being part of 1000 acres granted to George hairston, April 23, 1801" Grants 113, Apprx. p. 25.|
|Malinda CORN b. a 1814, d. a 1882|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S249] George Hairston Family Bible - 1750-1916, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Cooperstown, (N.Y.) Sterotyped, Printed and Published by H. & E. Phinney, 1829., Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S70] Marriages of Patrick County, Virginia 1791-1850, Lela C. Adams, (Bassett, VA 1972).
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1841] 1841 Mississippi Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S277] Letters to Lt. Roland W. Jones - 1861- 1863, from Susan America Hairston Jones, J. T. Gilson, 1991.
|Last Edited||22 Aug 2017|