Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#741, b. 11 November 1834, d. 15 May 1923
|Father*||John Adams HAIRSTON1 b. 15 Mar 1799, d. 7 Sep 1849|
|Mother*||Malinda CORN1 b. a 1814, d. a 1882|
|Birth*||Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON was born on 11 November 1834 in Virginia.1,2|
|She was the daughter of John Adams HAIRSTON and Malinda CORN.1|
|Census 1850||Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of Malinda CORN in 1850 in Patrick County, Virginia.1 |
|Marriage*||Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON married Dr Robert Lewis JONES, son of Seth Ward JONES and Maria Archer "Martha" HARDAWAY, on 6 April 1852 in Yalobusha County, Mississippi.3,4|
|Census 1860||Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON appeared on the 1860 census of Dr Robert Lewis JONES in June 1860 in Yalobusha County, Mississippi; R L 34, L H 25, R H 7, Samuel 6, Laura 4, R L 2, R W 1/12 and Barney Mullens 40 (laborer).5|
|Census 1870||Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON appeared on the 1870 census of Dr Robert Lewis JONES in 1870 in Township 23, Grenada, Mississippi; Robert 44, Lizzie 34, Richard 17, Selwyn 15, Laura 13, Robert 12, Rowland 10, Georgie 7, Susan 5, Ruth 1 and Witmer Dillon 21 (farm laborer).6|
|Census 1880||Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON appeared on the 1880 census of Dr Robert Lewis JONES on 11 June 1880 in Grenada County, Mississippi; Robert Lewis Jones 54 b. VA, Lizzie H. Jones 44 b. VA, Roland W. 20 b. MS, Georgie H. 17 b. MS, Weet 15 b. MS, Ruth A. 14 b. MS, Marshall H. 7 b. MS, also i same house Armistead Leigh 26 (son in law), Lula J. Leigh (daughter) 23, Lizzie Leigh (granddaughter) 1.3|
|Death*||Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON died on 15 May 1923 at age 88.2|
|Burial*||She was buried in Odd Fellows Cemetery, Grenada County, Mississippi; |
Photo: Find A Grave by Donald Gordon Dalrymple.2
|Dr Robert Lewis JONES b. 20 Aug 1825, d. 21 Feb 1894|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S76] Mississippi Marriages, 1776-1935, Ancestry.com.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||22 Aug 2017|