Dr Robert Lewis JONES
HAIRSTON.org ID#2984, b. 20 August 1825, d. 21 February 1894
|Father*||Seth Ward JONES1,2 b. 2 Nov 1793, d. 10 Jul 1850|
|Mother*||Maria Archer "Martha" HARDAWAY1 b. 4 Mar 1794, d. 17 May 1870|
|Birth*||Dr Robert Lewis JONES was born on 20 August 1825 in Nottoway County, Virginia.3|
|He was the son of Seth Ward JONES and Maria Archer "Martha" HARDAWAY.1,2|
|Census 1850||Dr Robert Lewis JONES appeared on the 1850 census of Seth Ward JONES on 1 June 1850 in Yalobusha County, Mississippi; Seth Jones 56 b. VA, Martha 56 b. VA, R T 25 b. VA, Rolin 21 b. VA, Mary 19 b.VA.1|
|Marriage*||Dr Robert Lewis JONES married Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON, daughter of John Adams HAIRSTON and Malinda CORN, on 6 April 1852 in Yalobusha County, Mississippi.4,5|
|Property||Dr Robert Lewis JONES witnessed the Property of George HAIRSTON on 4 April 1859 in Lowndes County, Mississippi; George Hairston of Lowndes County purchases 244 acres of property in Lowndes County from the children of John Adams Hairston of Yalobusha County on 4 April 1859. Lowndes County Deed Book Vol. 31, pages 408-410. Family History Lirbrary Film #008567104, image 221-222.|
|Census 1860*||Dr Robert Lewis JONES appeared on the census of June 1860 in Yalobusha County, Mississippi, R L 34, L H 25, R H 7, Samuel 6, Laura 4, R L 2, R W 1/12 and Barney Mullens 40 (laborer).6|
|County Change*||1870 - Grenada County from Carroll, Yalobusha, Choctaw and Tallahatchie.|
|Census 1870*||He appeared on the census of 1 June 1870 in Township 23, Grenada County, Mississippi, Robert 44, Lizzie 34, Richard 17, Selwyn 15, Laura 13, Robert 12, Rowland 10, Georgie 7, Susan 5, Ruth 1 and Witmer Dillon 21 (farm laborer).7|
|Census 1880*||He appeared on the census of 11 June 1880 in Grenada County, Mississippi, Robert Lewis Jones 54 b. VA, Lizzie H. Jones 44 b. VA, Roland W. 20 b. MS, Georgie H. 17 b. MS, Weet 15 b. MS, Ruth A. 14 b. MS, Marshall H. 7 b. MS, also i same house Armistead Leigh 26 (son in law), Lula J. Leigh (daughter) 23, Lizzie Leigh (granddaughter) 1.4|
|Death*||He died on 21 February 1894 in Grenada County, Mississippi, at age 68.3|
|Burial*||He was buried in Odd Fellows Cemetery, Grenada County, Mississippi.3 |
|Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON b. 11 Nov 1834, d. 15 May 1923|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S277] Letters to Lt. Roland W. Jones - 1861- 1863, from Susan America Hairston Jones, J. T. Gilson, 1991.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S76] Mississippi Marriages, 1776-1935, Ancestry.com.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||8 Feb 2022|