HAIRSTON.org ID#47, b. 4 July 1802, d. 20 January 1882
|Father*||Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON1 b. 20 Sep 1750, d. 5 Mar 1827|
|Mother*||Elizabeth PERKINS1 b. 13 May 1759, d. 26 Jan 1819|
|Birth*||Marshall HAIRSTON was born on 4 July 1802 in Virginia.2,1|
|He was the son of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON and Elizabeth PERKINS.1|
|Will||In Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON's will dated 7 March 1820 in Henry County, Virginia, Marshall HAIRSTON was named as an heir.3|
|College*||Between 1821 and 1822, attended in Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Virginia, "687. *MARSHALL HAIRSTON, Henry Co.: Planter: Died 1882." page 75.4|
|Will||He was mentioned in the will of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON on 7 March 1826; On 7 March 1826, George added a codicil to his will regarding the death of his daughter America. George gives America's share of his estate to her son George Callawy. In this document he also mentions John Callaway, Ruth Callaway.3|
|Property*||Inherited Beaver Creek Plantion from his father George Hairston.5|
|Marriage*||Marshall HAIRSTON married Ann Marshall HAIRSTON, daughter of Col. Samuel HAIRSTON and Judith Sparrell SAUNDERS, on 12 March 1829 in Franklin County, Virginia.6,5,1|
|Census 1830*||Marshall HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1830 in Henry County, Virginia, Males: under 5 1, 15-19 1, 20-29 1, Females: 20-29 1, Slaves 110.7|
|Property||Marshall built current Beaver Creek house.5|
|Census 1840*||He appeared on the census of 1840 in Henry Co., Virginia.8|
The Sun, Baltimore, Maryland, January 5, 1843, Page 2.
|Census 1850*||He appeared on the census of 24 August 1850 in Henry County, Virginia, Marshall 48, Ann 47, Virginia Nelson 25 (not Hairston), Elizabeth P 14, Ann M 12, Ruth 12, John 10, Bethenia H 6.6|
|Will*||He left a will dated on 28 May 1873, Mentions: wife Ann, Daughters - Ruth S. Wilson (wife of Robert A. Wilson), Elizabeth P. Hairston, Ann M. Hairston, Sister Ruth (wife of Peter Hairston dec'd), Brothers - Robert Hairston dec'd, John A. Hairston dec'd, Nephew - George hairston (son of Peter and Ruth Hairston), Also Mentioned - Mrs. Lucinda Redd Oreston, Canellius King, William P. Terry, Peter W. Hairston, David Mead Randolph, James M. Phittle, George Eggleston dec'd, Benjamin Harrison, Witnesses - W.W. Smith, J. P. Warren, J. Powell, J.A. Early.|
Codicil added April 1887.
|Census 1880*||He appeared on the census of 15 June 1880 in Martinsville, Henry County, Virginia, Marshal 77, Ann 77, Ann 40, James T Hairston 45 (married, son in law), Elizabeth 44 (married), Watt 3 (grand son.)9|
|Death*||He died on 20 January 1882 in Virginia at age 79.1|
|Burial*||He was buried in Beaver Creek Plantation, Henry County, Virginia.2|
|Probate*||His estate was probated in March 1882 in Henry County, Virginia.|
|Ann Marshall HAIRSTON b. 2 Dec 1802, d. 11 Jul 1888|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box (#1)
Descendant Chart Box (#2)
- [S249] George Hairston Family Bible - 1750-1916, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Cooperstown, (N.Y.) Sterotyped, Printed and Published by H. & E. Phinney, 1829., Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S15] Beaver Creek Plantation Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia.
- [S3296] Will of George Stovall Hairston -1820 - copy of will recorded in case #1833-008, Amos A. Atkinson & Wife vs. Exrs. of George Hairston, Chancery Records, Library of Virginia, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S226] Catalogue of the Officers and Alumni of Washington and Lee University, 1749-1888, J. Murphy and Company, Baltimore, 1888.
- [S28] Hairston, Peter Wilson - The Stories of Beaver Creek as Gleaned from Family Letters and Records, 2003, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||18 Jun 2017|