Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#787, b. 4 December 1837, d. 17 November 1886
|Father*||Marshall HAIRSTON1,2,3 b. 4 Jul 1802, d. 20 Jan 1882|
|Mother*||Ann Marshall HAIRSTON4 b. 2 Dec 1802, d. 11 Jul 1888|
|Birth*||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON was born on 4 December 1837 in Virginia.2|
|She was the daughter of Marshall HAIRSTON and Ann Marshall HAIRSTON.1,2,3,4|
|Census 1850||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of Marshall HAIRSTON on 24 August 1850 in Henry County, Virginia; Marshall 48, Ann 47, Virginia Nelson 25 (not Hairston), Elizabeth P 14, Ann M 12, Ruth 12, John 10, Bethenia H 6.1|
|Married Name||As of 5 June 1866,her married name was WILSON.|
|Marriage*||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON married Robert Anderson WILSON, son of Col. Robert WILSON and Catherine PANNILL, on 5 June 1866 in Henry, Virginia; He was 41 and she 28. Minister Lee.5,2|
|Census 1870||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON appeared on the 1870 census of Robert Anderson WILSON in 1870 in Pittsylvania Co., Virginia.6 |
|Census 1880||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON appeared on the 1880 census of Robert Anderson WILSON on 7 June 1880 in Pittsylvania Co., Virginia; Robert A. 55, wife - Ruth S. 42, dau - Ann M. 11.7|
|Death*||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON died on 17 November 1886 at age 48.2|
|Burial*||She was buried in Dan's Hill Plantation, Pittsylvania Co., Virginia.|
|Robert Anderson WILSON b. 6 Mar 1825|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S249] George Hairston Family Bible - 1750-1916, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Cooperstown, (N.Y.) Sterotyped, Printed and Published by H. & E. Phinney, 1829., Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S3500] Bible - Marshall Hairston 1750, owned by Mrs. Anne Covington of "Beavercreek" transcribed by Mrs. Lillian Schwertz and printed in "Local History & Genealogical Society" Volume VII, March 1961, Number 1. (NOTE: There are several errors in this transcription.), Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S68] The Marriage Register of Henry County Virginia Vol I , 1853-1878, Anne Vestal-Miller, (Old Mill Printers, Rocky Mount, VA 1998).
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||26 Nov 2020|