Ann Marshall HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#410, b. 2 December 1802, d. 11 July 1888
|Father*||Col. Samuel HAIRSTON b. 25 Sep 1755, d. 17 Dec 1834|
|Mother*||Judith Sparrell SAUNDERS b. 25 Jan 1769, d. 23 Nov 1809|
|Birth*||Ann Marshall HAIRSTON was born on 2 December 1802 in Virginia.1,2|
|She was the daughter of Col. Samuel HAIRSTON and Judith Sparrell SAUNDERS.|
|Marriage*||Ann Marshall HAIRSTON married Marshall HAIRSTON, son of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON and Elizabeth PERKINS, on 12 March 1829 in Franklin County, Virginia.3,1,2|
|Census 1850||Ann Marshall HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of Marshall HAIRSTON on 24 August 1850 in Henry County, Virginia; Marshall 48, Ann 47, Virginia Nelson 25 (not Hairston), Elizabeth P 14, Ann M 12, Ruth 12, John 10, Bethenia H 6.3|
|Will||In Marshall HAIRSTON's will dated 28 May 1873, Ann Marshall HAIRSTON was named as an heir; Mentions: wife Ann, Daughters - Ruth S. Wilson (wife of Robert A. Wilson), Elizabeth P. Hairston, Ann M. Hairston, Sister Ruth (wife of Peter Hairston dec'd), Brothers - Robert Hairston dec'd, John A. Hairston dec'd, Nephew - George hairston (son of Peter and Ruth Hairston), Also Mentioned - Mrs. Lucinda Redd Oreston, Canellius King, William P. Terry, Peter W. Hairston, David Mead Randolph, James M. Phittle, George Eggleston dec'd, Benjamin Harrison, Witnesses - W.W. Smith, J. P. Warren, J. Powell, J.A. Early.|
Codicil added April 1887.
|Census 1880||She appeared on the 1880 census of Marshall HAIRSTON on 15 June 1880 in Martinsville, Henry County, Virginia; Marshal 77, Ann 77, Ann 40, James T Hairston 45 (married, son in law), Elizabeth 44 (married), Watt 3 (grand son.)4|
|Death*||Ann Marshall HAIRSTON died on 11 July 1888 at age 85.2|
|Burial*||She was buried in Beaver Creek Plantation, Henry, Virginia.5|
|Marshall HAIRSTON b. 4 Jul 1802, d. 20 Jan 1882|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box (#1)
Descendant Chart Box (#2)
- [S28] Hairston, Peter Wilson - The Stories of Beaver Creek as Gleaned from Family Letters and Records, 2003, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S249] George Hairston Family Bible - 1750-1916, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Cooperstown, (N.Y.) Sterotyped, Printed and Published by H. & E. Phinney, 1829., Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S15] Beaver Creek Plantation Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia.
|Last Edited||18 Jun 2017|