HAIRSTON.org ID#42, b. 23 July 1793, d. 1825
|Father*||Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON1 b. 20 Sep 1750, d. 5 Mar 1827|
|Mother*||Elizabeth PERKINS2 b. 13 May 1759, d. 26 Jan 1819|
|Birth*||Henry HAIRSTON was born on 23 July 1793 in Virginia.2|
|He was the son of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON and Elizabeth PERKINS.1,2|
|Marriage*||Henry HAIRSTON married Mary YUELLE, daughter of Capt. Thomas YUELLE and Lucy FLETCHER, on 8 January 1820 in Halifax County, Virginia; FHL 31918, page 103.3,4|
|Anecdote*||"In 1823, Isaac Medley filed his bill in the chancery court of Williamsburg, against Jesse L. Dupuy, Henry Hairston, and Edmund Banks, as partners under the name and style of Dupuy, Hairston & Banks" .... "and Henry Hairston having removed to the state of Mississippi......"1|
|Death*||Henry HAIRSTON died in 1825 in Mississippi.5,6,1|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S3028] Virginia Reports - Jefferson---33 Grattan, 1730-1880, Volumes 1, 2 and 3, Thomas Johnson Michie, (The Michie Company, Law Publishers, Charlottesville, Va. 1902).
- [S249] George Hairston Family Bible - 1750-1916, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Cooperstown, (N.Y.) Sterotyped, Printed and Published by H. & E. Phinney, 1829., Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S198] Virginia Marriage Records: From the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, (n.pub.).
- [S27] Early, R H. Campbell Chronicles and Family Sketches: Embracing the History of Campbell County, Virginia, 1782-1926. Lynchburg, Va: J.P. Bell Co, 1927. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uc1.b3624083, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S55] Harden Hairston Family Bible, 1750-1908. The Holy Bible containing The Old & New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues,.....J. Holbrook's Sterotype Copy., Eighth Edition, Brattleborough, (Vt.), 1817, Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S123] Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Government www.glorecords.blm.gov.
|Last Edited||17 Nov 2020|