HAIRSTON.org ID#42, b. 23 July 1793, d. 1825
|Father*||Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON1 b. 20 Sep 1750, d. 5 Mar 1827|
|Mother*||Elizabeth PERKINS2 b. 13 May 1759, d. 26 Jan 1819|
|Birth*||Henry HAIRSTON was born on 23 July 1793 in Virginia.2|
|He was the son of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON and Elizabeth PERKINS.1,2|
|Tax Rolls*||1818 - Henry Hairston pays taxes in Halifax County 3 white males above 16, 3 slaves 12-16, 10 slaves above 16, 12 horses. Halifax County - Family History Library Flim #008151959, Image 518.|
|Marriage*||Henry HAIRSTON married Mary YUELLE, daughter of Capt. Thomas YUELLE and Lucy FLETCHER, on 8 January 1820 in Halifax County, Virginia; FHL 31918, page 103.3,4|
|Tax Rolls||17 March 1820 - Henry Hairston pays taxes in Halifax County Tax Rolls, 2 white males above 16, 15 slaves above 16, 7 horses and 1 carriage. Family History Library Film #008151959, Image 665.|
|Property*||Henry Hairston of Halifax County sold to George Hairston Sr. of Henry County (his father) 84 acres of land in Campbell County on 25 Sep 1820. Campbell County Deed 13, page 545-546. Family Search Library Film #008358803, imagesd 574-575.|
|Anecdote*||"In 1823, Isaac Medley filed his bill in the chancery court of Williamsburg, against Jesse L. Dupuy, Henry Hairston, and Edmund Banks, as partners under the name and style of Dupuy, Hairston & Banks" .... "and Henry Hairston having removed to the state of Mississippi......"1|
|Death*||Henry HAIRSTON died in 1825 in Mississippi.5,6,1|
|NOTE*||NOTE: There is a John Hastin in 1819, 1821 tax lists - 008151959, image 613, 713.|
- [S3028] Virginia Reports - Jefferson---33 Grattan, 1730-1880, Volumes 1, 2 and 3, Thomas Johnson Michie, (The Michie Company, Law Publishers, Charlottesville, Va. 1902).
- [S249] George Hairston Family Bible - 1750-1916, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Cooperstown, (N.Y.) Sterotyped, Printed and Published by H. & E. Phinney, 1829., Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S198] Virginia Marriage Records: From the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, (n.pub.).
- [S27] Early, R H. Campbell Chronicles and Family Sketches: Embracing the History of Campbell County, Virginia, 1782-1926. Lynchburg, Va: J.P. Bell Co, 1927. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uc1.b3624083, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S55] Harden Hairston Family Bible, 1750-1908. The Holy Bible containing The Old & New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues,.....J. Holbrook's Sterotype Copy., Eighth Edition, Brattleborough, (Vt.), 1817, Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S123] Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Government www.glorecords.blm.gov.
|Last Edited||2 Apr 2023|