HAIRSTON.org ID#1727, b. about 1718, d. after 25 February 1762
|Father*||Constantine PERKINS1 b. a 1682, d. 18 Dec 1770|
|Birth*||Nicholas PERKINS was born about 1718 in Tuckahoe Creek, Henrico County, Virginia.1|
|He was the son of Constantine PERKINS and Anne POLLARD.1|
|Court Record*||Nicholas Pirkins (Perkins) was a witness in the Giles vs Hoggatt trial in May of 1737 in Goochland County.2|
|Marriage*||Nicholas PERKINS married Bethenia HARDING, daughter of Thomas HARDING and Mary GILES, about 1738.3,4,1|
|Property*||Nicholas Perkins, 250 acs. Goochland Co. on both sides of Meadowy Br. of Beaverdam Cr. of N side of James Riv; adj. Constant perkins, Timothy Rich dec'd, William Walker & Edward Curd; 22 Sep 1739, p.433, 1 Pound. 5 shillings.5|
|Occupation*||Nicholas PERKINS was Justice of the Peace in Halifax. in 1759.1|
|Will*||He left a will on 25 February 1762 in Halifax County, Virginia.6|
|Death*||He died after 25 February 1762 in Halifax County, Virginia.1|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 17 June 1762 in Will Book O, Page 142, Halifax County, Virginia.1|
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3357] Blomquist, Ann K., Goochland County Virginia Court Order Book 4, 1735-1741, Heritage Books, 2010, unknown repository.
- [S113] Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications.
- [S145] Pedigo, Virginia G. and Pedigo, Lewis Gravely. History of Patrick and Henry Counties, Virginia - Genealogical Publishing Co., 1933 available on ancestry.com, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3121] Hudgins, Dennis R. Cavaliers and Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants : Volume Four, 1732-1741. Richmond, Va: Virginia Genealogical Society, 1994. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3521] Copy of Nicholas Perkins' will written Feb. 25, 1762 : survey report, 1936 Dec. 17
Ragland, Walter R., Mrs.; Virginia Historical Inventory Project; Virginia Conservation Commission. Division of History.; United States. Works Progress Administration
1936 - 1217, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
|Last Edited||19 May 2020|