Nicholas Perkins HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#41, b. 18 October 1791, d. 9 July 1822
|Father*||Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON1 b. 20 Sep 1750, d. 5 Mar 1827|
|Mother*||Elizabeth PERKINS1 b. 13 May 1759, d. 26 Jan 1819|
|Birth*||Nicholas Perkins HAIRSTON was born on 18 October 1791 in Virginia.2,1|
|He was the son of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON and Elizabeth PERKINS.1|
|College*||Between 1809 and 1810, attended in Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Virginia, "367. *NICHOLAS P. HAIRSTON, Henry Co.: Lawyer: Planter: Member Virginia House of Delegates: Mississippi: Died 1825." page 63.3|
|College||He is listed in the "Register of Members of The Philanthropic Society" as enrolled in 1810, did not graduate and is deceased. This list was published in 1887 by Edwards, Broughton & Co., Raleigh, N.C.|
|Elected*||Nicholas P. Hairstone and Robert Allen were elected to the Virginia House of Delegates representing Henry County for the November 11, 1816 - February 22, 1817 session.4|
|Elected||Nicholas P. Hairston and Benjamine S. King were elected to the Virginia House of Delegates representing Henry County for the December 1, 1817 - February 26, 1818 session.4|
|Elected||Nicholas P. Hairston and Joseph Martin were elected to the Virginia House of Delegates representing Henry County for the December 7, 1818 - March 13, 1819 session.4|
|Census 1820*||Nicholas Perkins HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1820 in Henry County, Virginia, Males 26-44 1, Slaves 21.5|
|Death*||He died on 9 July 1822 in Mississippi at age 30, "Died - On July 9, 1822 at his residence in Mississippi, Nicholas P. Hairston, formerly of Henry County, Va."; Virginian, 27 Sept 1822, p. 3, c. 4) - from the marriage and obituary citations compiled by Bernard J. Henley from Virginia newspapers on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Available on microfilm (Library of Virginia Film 138). The Harden Hairston Bible indicates death in 1824.2|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S249] George Hairston Family Bible - 1750-1916, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Cooperstown, (N.Y.) Sterotyped, Printed and Published by H. & E. Phinney, 1829., Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S55] Harden Hairston Family Bible, 1750-1908. The Holy Bible containing The Old & New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues,.....J. Holbrook's Sterotype Copy., Eighth Edition, Brattleborough, (Vt.), 1817, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S226] Catalogue of the Officers and Alumni of Washington and Lee University, 1749-1888, J. Murphy and Company, Baltimore, 1888.
- [S3579] Fourteenth Annual Report of the Library Board of the Virginia State Library 1916 - 1917 , Richmond: Virginia State Library, Division of Purchase and Printing, 1917 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/osu.32435031019854, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1820] 1820 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||22 Nov 2021|