HAIRSTON.org ID#46, b. 21 February 1801, d. 16 March 1826
|Father*||Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON1 b. 20 Sep 1750, d. 5 Mar 1827|
|Mother*||Elizabeth PERKINS1 b. 13 May 1759, d. 26 Jan 1819|
|Birth*||America HAIRSTON was born on 21 February 1801 in Virginia.2,3|
|She was the daughter of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON and Elizabeth PERKINS.1|
|Will||In Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON's will dated 7 March 1820 in Henry County, Virginia, America HAIRSTON was named as an heir.4|
|Married Name||As of 14 January 1821,her married name was CALLAWAY.|
|Marriage*||She married John CALLAWAY, son of Col. James CALLAWAY and Elizabeth EARLY, on 14 January 1821 in Henry County, Virginia.2,5,6,7,8|
|Will||America HAIRSTON was mentioned in the will of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON on 7 March 1826; On 7 March 1826, George added a codicil to his will regarding the death of his daughter America. George gives America's share of his estate to her son George Callawy. In this document he also mentions John Callaway, Ruth Callaway.4|
|Death*||America HAIRSTON died on 16 March 1826 at age 25.2|
|Burial*||She was buried in Beaver Creek Plantation, Henry Co., Virginia.2|
|Court Record||George H. CALLAWAY; 1888 - George H. Calloway, by next friend (guardian) vs N. E. Hairston, Marshall Hairston, Samuel Hairston, George Hairston, Hardin Hairston, John A. Hairston, Ruth S. Hairston, America Hairston and Mrs. Bethania Pannill. The complaint is that George H. Callaway, who is a lunatic, is claiming he should be an heir to the estate of Robert Hairston (1783-1852). - Lowndes County Chancery Court Case File #782. FSL 8631779-18.|
|John CALLAWAY b. 1 Aug 1781, d. 8 Jan 1865|
- [S249] George Hairston Family Bible - 1750-1916, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Cooperstown, (N.Y.) Sterotyped, Printed and Published by H. & E. Phinney, 1829., Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S15] Beaver Creek Plantation Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3296] Will of George Stovall Hairston -1820 - copy of will recorded in case #1833-008, Amos A. Atkinson & Wife vs. Exrs. of George Hairston, Chancery Records, Library of Virginia, Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S67] Dodd, Virginia Anderson, Henry County, Virginia, Marriage Bonds, 1778-1849, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore 1976.
- [S106] Early, R. H. The Family of Early: Which Settled Upon the Eastern Shore of Virginia And Its Connection With Other Families. Lynchburg, Va: [Brown-Morrison], 1920., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3074] Hale, Nathaniel Claiborne, Roots In Virginia: an Account of Captain Thomas Hale, Virginia Frontiersman, His Descendants And Related Families. With Genealogies And Sketches of Hale, Saunders, Lucke, Claiborne, Lacy, Tobin And Contributing Ancestral Lines. Philadelphia?, 1948.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066151580, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||1 Sep 2023|