George H. CALLAWAY
HAIRSTON.org ID#773, b. 1822, d. 3 November 1894
|Father*||John CALLAWAY1 b. 1 Aug 1781, d. 8 Jan 1865|
|Mother*||America HAIRSTON b. 21 Feb 1801, d. 16 Mar 1826|
|Birth*||George H. CALLAWAY was born in 1822 in North Carolina.2,3|
|He was the son of John CALLAWAY and America HAIRSTON.1|
|Will||George H. CALLAWAY was mentioned in the will of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON on 7 March 1826; On 7 March 1826, George added a codicil to his will regarding the death of his daughter America. George gives America's share of his estate to her son George Callawy. In this document he also mentions John Callaway, Ruth Callaway.4|
|Census 1850||George H. CALLAWAY appeared on the 1850 census of John CALLAWAY on 21 September 1850 in Henry County, Virginia; John Callaway 68, George Callaway 27, Barnabas Balile 26 (overseer).3|
|Census 1860||George H. CALLAWAY appeared on the 1860 census of John CALLAWAY on 8 August 1860 in Henry County, Virginia; John Callaway 78, Geo. Callaway 38, Eliza M Davis 48, James Headen 21 (laborer).2|
|Court Record||1888 - George H. Calloway, by next friend (guardian) vs N. E. Hairston, Marshall Hairston, Samuel Hairston, George Hairston, Hardin Hairston, John A. Hairston, Ruth S. Hairston, America Hairston and Mrs. Bethania Pannill. The complaint is that George H. Callaway, who is a lunatic, is claiming he should be an heir to the estate of Robert Hairston (1783-1852). - Lowndes County Chancery Court Case File #782. FSL 8631779-18.|
|Death*||George H. CALLAWAY died on 3 November 1894.5,1|
|Burial*||He was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia.5|
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3296] Will of George Stovall Hairston -1820 - copy of will recorded in case #1833-008, Amos A. Atkinson & Wife vs. Exrs. of George Hairston, Chancery Records, Library of Virginia, Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||12 Sep 2023|