Bethenia Ruth CALLAWAY
HAIRSTON.org ID#774, b. 1 March 1825, d. 2 April 1906
|Father*||John CALLAWAY1 b. 1 Aug 1781, d. 8 Jan 1865|
|Mother*||America HAIRSTON b. 21 Feb 1801, d. 16 Mar 1826|
|Birth*||Bethenia Ruth CALLAWAY was born on 1 March 1825 in Virginia.2,3|
|She was the daughter of John CALLAWAY and America HAIRSTON.1|
|Will||Bethenia Ruth CALLAWAY was mentioned in the will of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON on 7 March 1826; On 7 March 1826, George added a codicil to his will regarding the death of his daughter America. George gives America's share of his estate to her son George Callawy. In this document he also mentions John Callaway, Ruth Callaway.4|
|Marriage*||Bethenia Ruth CALLAWAY married George PANNILL, son of Morton PANNILL, on 26 October 1840 in Virginia.5|
|Census 1850||Bethenia Ruth CALLAWAY appeared on the 1850 census of George PANNILL on 1 October 1850 in Patrick Co., Virginia.6 |
|Census 1860||Bethenia Ruth CALLAWAY appeared on the 1860 census of George PANNILL on 10 August 1860 in Henry Co., Virginia.7 |
|Census 1870*||Bethenia Ruth CALLAWAY appeared on the census of 12 October 1870 in Horse Pasture Township, Henry Co., Virginia, Ruth B Pannill 44, America 21, Mary 20, Edmund 18, Bethenin 14, Hardin 12, Loula 11, Kate 7, Milly Rodgers 40, Nelly Pannil 15 (Black Domestic Servant.)8|
|Census 1880*||She appeared on the census of 28 June 1880 in Horse Pasture Township, Henry Co., Virginia, Bethenia 55, Edmond J. 26, Harden M 22, Luly E 21, Kate 17, Millie Rogers 57 (servant.)9|
|Census 1900||She appeared on the 1900 census of Edmond John PANNILL on 26 June 1900 in Henry Co., Virginia.2 |
|Death*||Bethenia Ruth CALLAWAY died on 2 April 1906 at age 81.3|
|Burial*||She was buried in Pannill Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia.3|
|George PANNILL b. 1815, d. 1 Nov 1866|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S106] Early, R. H. The Family of Early: Which Settled Upon the Eastern Shore of Virginia And Its Connection With Other Families. Lynchburg, Va: [Brown-Morrison], 1920., Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3296] Will of George Stovall Hairston -1820 - copy of will recorded in case #1833-008, Amos A. Atkinson & Wife vs. Exrs. of George Hairston, Chancery Records, Library of Virginia, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S110] Unknown author. Dodd, Jordan R., et al.. Early American Marriages: Virginia to 1850, Precision Indexing Publishers, Bountiful, UT. N.p.: n.pub.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||18 Jun 2017|