Elizabeth P. HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#800, b. 25 December 1827, d. 16 June 1907
|Father*||Peter HAIRSTON1 b. 10 May 1799, d. 10 Nov 1839|
|Mother*||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON b. 6 Sep 1804, d. 20 Sep 1838|
|Birth*||Elizabeth P. HAIRSTON was born on 25 December 1827 in Virginia.1,2,3 |
|She was the daughter of Peter HAIRSTON and Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON.1|
|Marriage*||Elizabeth P. HAIRSTON married Dr. Peter Francisco DILLARD, son of General John DILLARD Jr. and Matilda HUGHES, on 20 January 1845 in Henry County, Virginia; Minister Welington E. Webb and his records indicate January 21 as marriage date. Family Bible indicates January 21.|
HAIRSTON FAMILY BIBLE.4,3
|Census 1850||Elizabeth P. HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of Dr. Peter Francisco DILLARD on 21 September 1850 in Henry County, Virginia; Peter F. 32, Elizabeth 22, Samuel Hairston 21, Peter H. Dillard 5, Louisa H. Dillard 3, John S. Dillard 1.5|
|Death Spouse*||Elizabeth P. HAIRSTON's husband, Peter F. DILLARD, died on 17 November 1850.6|
|Marriage*||She married John Starling REAMEY on 12 October 1853.7|
|Census 1870*||Elizabeth P. HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 12 August 1870 in Ridgeway, Henry County, Virginia, Elizabeth R. Reamey 41, John H. Dillard 20, Sue S. Reamey 15, Martha R. Reamey 14, Overton R. Reamey 13, Samuel Reamey 10.8|
|Census 1880*||She appeared on the census of 19 June 1880 in Horse Pasture, Henry County, Virginia, Elizabeth Reamey 52, Susan Reamey 26 (daughter), Ruth Reamey 23 (daughter), Overton Reamey 21 (son), Samuel Reamey 18 (son), John Dillard 31 (son).2|
|Death*||She died on 16 June 1907 at age 79.|
|Burial*||She was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Martinsville, Henry County, Virginia.|
|John Starling REAMEY b. 25 Nov 1830, d. 6 Aug 1861|
|Dr. Peter Francisco DILLARD b. 27 Oct 1818, d. 17 Oct 1850|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S141] Samuel Hairston Family Bible 1755-1891 - North Carolina.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S142] Hairston Family, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Boston, Published by C. Ewer, T. Bedlington, and J. H. A. Frost. 1828., North Carolina, State Archives of North Carolina.
- [S67] Dodd, Virginia Anderson, Henry County, Virginia, Marriage Bonds, 1778-1849, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore 1976.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3295] The Sterling Genealogy : volume 2 : William Sterling of Haverhill, Massachusetts, Ancestry.com.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||4 May 2018|