HAIRSTON.org ID#406, b. 10 May 1799, d. 10 November 1839
|Father*||Col. Samuel HAIRSTON1 b. 25 Sep 1755, d. 17 Dec 1834|
|Mother*||Judith Sparrell SAUNDERS b. 25 Jan 1769, d. 23 Nov 1809|
|Birth*||Peter HAIRSTON was born on 10 May 1799 in Virginia.2,1,3 |
|He was the son of Col. Samuel HAIRSTON and Judith Sparrell SAUNDERS.1|
|Marriage*||Peter HAIRSTON married Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON, daughter of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON and Elizabeth PERKINS, on 3 March 1827 in Henry County, Virginia; |
HAIRSTON FAMILY BIBLE.4,1,5
|Census 1830*||Peter HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1830 in Henry County, Virginia, Peter Hairston, Males under 5 1, 20-29 1, 30-39 1, Females under 5 1, 20-29 1. Appears to be Peter, Ruth, Elizabeth and Samuel, plus one male 20-29 years old.6|
|Deed||He is mentioned in the property documents of Samuel Saunders HAIRSTON Jr. and Robert Tennent WOODS on 1 June 1834 in Franklin County, Virginia; On June 1, 1834, Samuel Hairston, Jr., Robert T. Woods, Robert Hairston, Peter Hairston and Henry T. Callaway form a complicated arrangment so that Samuel Hairston, Jr. and Robert T. Woods can buy 343 acres in Franklin County from Thomas Williams. - Franklin County Deed Book 14, page 105. FSL 7894518-388.|
|Will||In Col. Samuel HAIRSTON's will dated 4 November 1834, Peter HAIRSTON was named as an heir; Samuel Hairston left a will dated 7 November 1834 and a codicil dated 8 November 1834. Samuel Hairston also left a second codicil dated 4 November 1834, but I believe the court clerk wrote November instead of December. The will was filed with the Franklin County Court on 5 January 1835. Franklin County Will Book 4, pages 290-292, FSL 7644995-455.7|
|Death*||He died on 10 November 1839 at age 40.1,3 |
|Burial*||He was buried in Beaver Creek Plantation, Henry County, Virginia; |
Photo: Find A Grave by shakestheground.3,1
|Probate||His estate was probated on 14 January 1841 in Patrick County, Virginia; The Patrick County January Court, 14 January 1841, "an inventory & appraisement of the personal estate of P. Hairston dec'd in the County of Patrick was presented in Court and admitted to record". Family History Library Film 008574638, image 301.|
|Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON b. 6 Sep 1804, d. 20 Sep 1838|
- [S142] Hairston Family, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Boston, Published by C. Ewer, T. Bedlington, and J. H. A. Frost. 1828., North Carolina, State Archives of North Carolina.
- [S141] Samuel Hairston Family Bible 1755-1891 - North Carolina.
- [S15] Beaver Creek Plantation Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia.
- [S67] Dodd, Virginia Anderson, Henry County, Virginia, Marriage Bonds, 1778-1849, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore 1976.
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S119] Will of Samuel Hairston 7 November 1834 and 2 codicils. Franklin County Will Book #4, pages 290-292. Family Search Library Film #007644995, images 455-456. Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||11 Jan 2023|