HAIRSTON.org ID#801, b. 6 May 1829, d. 5 September 1895
|Father*||Peter HAIRSTON1 b. 10 May 1799, d. 10 Nov 1839|
|Mother*||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON b. 6 Sep 1804, d. 20 Sep 1838|
|Birth*||Samuel HAIRSTON was born on 6 May 1829 in Virginia.2,3 |
|He was the son of Peter HAIRSTON and Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON.1|
|Census 1850*||Samuel HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1850 in Henry County, Virginia, Living with his sister Elizabeth Hairston Dillard and her husband Peter Dillard.4|
|Census 1850||He appeared on the 1850 census of Dr. Peter Francisco DILLARD on 21 September 1850 in Henry County, Virginia; Peter F. 32, Elizabeth 22, Samuel Hairston 21, Peter H. Dillard 5, Louisa H. Dillard 3, John S. Dillard 1.4|
|Marriage*||Samuel HAIRSTON married Henrietta Alice JONES, daughter of William A. JONES and Caroline H., on 22 February 1853; |
HAIRSTON FAMILY BIBLE.3
|Property||Samuel HAIRSTON witnessed the Property of Hardin HAIRSTON and Nicholas Edward HAIRSTON on 10 January 1859 in Lowndes County, Mississippi; Hardin Hairston and his son Nicholas Edward Hairston purchased 245 acres in Lowndes County from the children of Peter and Ruth S. Hairston - Samuel Hairston and wife Henretta, George Hairston and wife Martha R., Peter Hairston Jr. and wife Lucy J., and John S. Reamy and wife Elizabeth. lowndes County Deed Vol. 31, pages 326-327. Family History Library Film #008567104, image 179.|
|Census 1860*||Samuel HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 8 September 1860 in Henry County, Virginia.5 |
|Death Spouse*||His wife, Henrietta Alice Jones, died on 10 March 1869.|
|Census 1870*||He appeared on the census of 13 August 1870 in Ridgeway, Henry County, Virginia.1 |
|Marriage*||He married Lucy M. ESTES on 10 January 1872 in Pittsylvania, Virginia.6,2|
|Death Spouse||His wife, Lucy M. Estes, died in August 1872.|
|Census 1880||Samuel HAIRSTON appeared on the 1880 census of Col. Peter HAIRSTON Jr. on 3 June 1880 in Martinsville, Henry County, Virginia; Peter 44, Lucy J. 36, Samuel (brother) 51, Marshall (nephew) 18, Caroline (adopted Daughter) 12.7|
|Death*||Samuel HAIRSTON died on 5 September 1895 at age 66.3 |
|Burial*||He was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia; |
Photo: Find A Grave by Jenepher and Sandford McElheny.8
|Henrietta Alice JONES b. 30 May 1835, d. 10 Mar 1869|
|Lucy M. ESTES d. Aug 1872|
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S141] Samuel Hairston Family Bible 1755-1891 - North Carolina.
- [S142] Hairston Family, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Boston, Published by C. Ewer, T. Bedlington, and J. H. A. Frost. 1828., North Carolina, State Archives of North Carolina.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S198] Virginia Marriage Records: From the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, (n.pub.).
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||28 Mar 2022|