HAIRSTON.org ID#801, b. 6 May 1829, d. 5 September 1895
|Father*||Peter HAIRSTON1 b. 10 May 1799, d. 10 Nov 1839|
|Mother*||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON b. 6 Sep 1804, d. 20 Sep 1838|
|Birth*||Samuel HAIRSTON was born on 6 May 1829 in Virginia.2,3 |
|He was the son of Peter HAIRSTON and Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON.1|
|Census 1850*||Samuel HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1850 in Henry County, Virginia, Living with his sister Elizabeth Hairston Dillard and her husband Peter Dillard.4|
|Census 1850||He appeared on the 1850 census of Dr. Peter Francisco DILLARD on 21 September 1850 in Henry County, Virginia; Peter F. 32, Elizabeth 22, Samuel Hairston 21, Peter H. Dillard 5, Louisa H. Dillard 3, John S. Dillard 1.4|
|Marriage*||Samuel HAIRSTON married Henrietta Alice JONES, daughter of William A. JONES and Caroline H., on 22 February 1853; |
HAIRSTON FAMILY BIBLE.3
|Census 1860*||Samuel HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 8 September 1860 in Henry County, Virginia.5 |
|Death Spouse*||He's wife, Henrietta Alice Jones, died on 10 March 1869.|
|Census 1870*||He appeared on the census of 13 August 1870 in Ridgeway, Henry County, Virginia.1 |
|Marriage*||He married Lucy M. ESTES on 10 January 1872 in Pittsylvania, Virginia.6,2|
|Death Spouse||Samuel HAIRSTON's wife, Lucy M. Estes, died in August 1872.|
|Census 1880||He appeared on the 1880 census of Col. Peter HAIRSTON Jr. on 3 June 1880 in Martinsville, Henry County, Virginia; Peter 44, Lucy J. 36, Samuel (brother) 51, Marshall (nephew) 18, Caroline (adopted Daughter) 12.7|
|Death*||Samuel HAIRSTON died on 5 September 1895 at age 66.3 |
|Burial*||He was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia; |
Photo: Find A Grave by Jenepher and Sandford McElheny.8
|Lucy M. ESTES d. Aug 1872|
|Henrietta Alice JONES b. 30 May 1835, d. 10 Mar 1869|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S141] Samuel Hairston Family Bible 1755-1891 - North Carolina.
- [S142] Hairston Family, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Boston, Published by C. Ewer, T. Bedlington, and J. H. A. Frost. 1828., North Carolina, State Archives of North Carolina.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S198] Virginia Marriage Records: From the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, (n.pub.).
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||30 Apr 2017|