HAIRSTON.org ID#801, b. 6 May 1829, d. 5 September 1895
|Father*||Peter HAIRSTON1 b. 10 May 1799, d. 10 Nov 1839|
|Mother*||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON b. 6 Sep 1804, d. 20 Sep 1838|
|Birth*||Samuel HAIRSTON was born on 6 May 1829 in Virginia.2,3 |
|He was the son of Peter HAIRSTON and Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON.1|
|Census 1850*||Samuel HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1850 in Henry County, Virginia, Living with his sister Elizabeth Hairston Dillard and her husband Peter Dillard.4|
|Census 1850||He appeared on the 1850 census of Dr. Peter Francisco DILLARD on 21 September 1850 in Henry County, Virginia; Peter F. 32, Elizabeth 22, Samuel Hairston 21, Peter H. Dillard 5, Louisa H. Dillard 3, John S. Dillard 1.4|
|Marriage*||Samuel HAIRSTON married Henrietta Alice JONES, daughter of William A. JONES and Caroline H., on 22 February 1853; |
HAIRSTON FAMILY BIBLE.3
|Property||Samuel HAIRSTON witnessed the Property of Hardin HAIRSTON and Nicholas Edward HAIRSTON on 10 January 1859 in Lowndes County, Mississippi; Hardin Hairston and his son Nicholas Edward Hairston purchased 245 acres in Lowndes County from the children of Peter and Ruth S. Hairston - Samuel Hairston and wife Henretta, George Hairston Jr. and wife Martha R., Peter Hairston Jr. and wife Lucy J., and John S. Reamy and wife Elizabeth. - Lowndes County Deed Vol. 31, pages 326-327. FSL 8567104-179.|
|Census 1860*||Samuel HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 8 September 1860 in Henry County, Virginia.5 |
|Probate||He was the administrator of George HAIRSTON's estate on 11 December 1865 in Henry County, Virginia; His brothers Samuel and Peter are administrators, along with Peter W. Watkins.|
|Death Spouse*||His wife, Henrietta Alice Jones, died on 10 March 1869.|
|Census 1870*||Samuel HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 13 August 1870 in Ridgeway, Henry County, Virginia.1 |
|Marriage*||He married Lucy M. ESTES on 10 January 1872 in Pittsylvania, Virginia.6,2|
|Death Spouse||His wife, Lucy M. Estes, died in August 1872.|
|Census 1880||Samuel HAIRSTON appeared on the 1880 census of Col. Peter HAIRSTON Jr. on 3 June 1880 in Martinsville, Henry County, Virginia; Peter 44, Lucy J. 36, Samuel (brother) 51, Marshall (nephew) 18, Caroline (adopted Daughter) 12.7|
|Death*||Samuel HAIRSTON died on 5 September 1895 at age 66.3 |
|Burial*||He was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia; |
Photo: Find A Grave by Jenepher and Sandford McElheny.8
|Henrietta Alice JONES b. 30 May 1835, d. 10 Mar 1869|
|Lucy M. ESTES d. Aug 1872|
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S141] Samuel Hairston Family Bible 1755-1891 - North Carolina.
- [S142] Hairston Family, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Boston, Published by C. Ewer, T. Bedlington, and J. H. A. Frost. 1828., North Carolina, State Archives of North Carolina.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S198] Virginia Marriage Records: From the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, (n.pub.).
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||28 Mar 2022|