HAIRSTON.org ID#816, b. 12 July 1861, d. 16 January 1897
|Father*||Samuel HAIRSTON1 b. 6 May 1829, d. 5 Sep 1895|
|Mother*||Henrietta Alice JONES b. 30 May 1835, d. 10 Mar 1869|
|Birth*||Marshall HAIRSTON was born on 12 July 1861 in Franklin County, Virginia.1,2,3 |
|He was the son of Samuel HAIRSTON and Henrietta Alice JONES.1|
|Census 1870||Marshall HAIRSTON appeared on the 1870 census of Samuel HAIRSTON on 13 August 1870 in Ridgeway, Henry County, Virginia.1 |
|Census 1880||Marshall HAIRSTON appeared on the 1880 census of Col. Peter HAIRSTON Jr. on 3 June 1880 in Martinsville, Henry County, Virginia; Peter 44, Lucy J. 36, Samuel (brother) 51, Marshall (nephew) 18, Caroline (adopted Daughter) 12.4|
|Marriage*||Marshall HAIRSTON married Anne L. SMITH, daughter of Philmon SMITH and Bettie SMITH, on 29 October 1890 in Franklin, Virginia.3,5|
|Death*||Marshall HAIRSTON died on 16 January 1897 at age 35.2 |
|Anne L. SMITH b. 1871|
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S142] Hairston Family, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Boston, Published by C. Ewer, T. Bedlington, and J. H. A. Frost. 1828., North Carolina, State Archives of North Carolina.
- [S198] Virginia Marriage Records: From the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, (n.pub.).
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S141] Samuel Hairston Family Bible 1755-1891 - North Carolina.
|Last Edited||21 Nov 2021|