General John DILLARD Jr.
HAIRSTON.org ID#1312, b. 23 December 1783, d. about 1847
|Father*||John DILLARD1,2 b. a 1751, d. b 13 Jan 1823|
|Mother*||Sarah Sally STOVALL2 b. a 1753, d. b 13 Jan 1823|
|Birth*||General John DILLARD Jr. was born on 23 December 1783 in Henry County, Virginia.1,3|
|He was the son of John DILLARD and Sarah Sally STOVALL.1,2|
|Marriage*||General John DILLARD Jr. married Matilda HUGHES, daughter of Col. Archelaus HUGHES and Mary DALTON, on 16 May 1816 in Patrick County, Virginia; Minister Manning Hill and recorded on 23 May 1816.4,5,1|
|Death*||General John DILLARD Jr. died about 1847.1,3|
|Burial*||He was buried in Font Hill Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia.3|
|Matilda HUGHES b. 1783|
- [S3074] Hale, Nathaniel Claiborne, Roots In Virginia: an Account of Captain Thomas Hale, Virginia Frontiersman, His Descendants And Related Families. With Genealogies And Sketches of Hale, Saunders, Lucke, Claiborne, Lacy, Tobin And Contributing Ancestral Lines. Philadelphia?, 1948.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066151580, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3399] Bishop, Donald E., Descendants of Bartholomew Stovall 1655-1722: First Five Generations. Laurel, Mississippi: Stovall Family Association, 1999. 929.273 St76bd https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/835331, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S70] Marriages of Patrick County, Virginia 1791-1850, Lela C. Adams, (Bassett, VA 1972).
- [S198] Virginia Marriage Records: From the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, (n.pub.).
|Last Edited||4 May 2018|