HAIRSTON.org ID#1514, b. about 1751, d. before 13 January 1823
|Father*||James DILLARD b. a 1727|
|Mother*||Mary Ann HUNT1 b. a 1734, d. a 1788|
|Birth*||John DILLARD was born about 1751 in Amherst County, Virginia.1,2,3|
|He was the son of James DILLARD and Mary Ann HUNT.1|
|Marriage*||John DILLARD married Sarah Sally STOVALL, daughter of George STOVALL Jr. and Mary "Molly" COOPER, on 23 December 1771 in Amherst County, Virginia.3|
|Military*||1780 - Listed as Captain in Henry County Militia under J. Shelton.4|
|Court Record||Col. Abraham PENN; Patrick Henry, Abram Penn and John Dillard were recommended to the Governor as Commissioners of peace for Henry County.5|
|Death*||John DILLARD died before 13 January 1823 in Henry County, Virginia.1,3|
|Sarah Sally STOVALL b. a 1753, d. b 13 Jan 1823|
- [S113] Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications.
- [S3074] Hale, Nathaniel Claiborne, Roots In Virginia: an Account of Captain Thomas Hale, Virginia Frontiersman, His Descendants And Related Families. With Genealogies And Sketches of Hale, Saunders, Lucke, Claiborne, Lacy, Tobin And Contributing Ancestral Lines. Philadelphia?, 1948.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066151580, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3399] Bishop, Donald E., Descendants of Bartholomew Stovall 1655-1722: First Five Generations. Laurel, Mississippi: Stovall Family Association, 1999. 929.273 St76bd https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/835331, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S149] McAllister, J T. Virginia Militia in the Revolutionary War: Mcallister's Data. Hot Springs, Va: McAllister Pub. Co, 1913. Print. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/njp.32101013939630, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||1 Mar 2018|