George STOVALL Jr.
HAIRSTON.org ID#1001, b. about 1728, d. August 1782
|Father*||Captain George STOVALL1,2 b. a 1695, d. a 18 Apr 1786|
|Mother*||Elizabeth (surname unknown)|
|Marriage*||George STOVALL Jr. married Mary "Molly" COOPER, daughter of George COOPER I, in Goochland County, Virginia.2|
|Birth*||George STOVALL Jr. was born about 1728 in Henrico County, Virginia.2|
|County Change||1728 - Goochland County formed from Henrico.|
|He was the son of Captain George STOVALL and Elizabeth (surname unknown).1,2|
|County Change||1744 - Albemarle County formed from Goochland.|
|Property||George Stovall Jr. acquires 249 acres in Albemarle County - Library of Congress, Land Office Patents No. 34, 1756-1765, p. 8 Reel 33-34.|
|County Change||1751 - Amherst County formed from Albemarle.|
|Property||A deed is recorded in which Robert Hairston transfers 300 acres on Possum Creek to George Stovall Jr. of Amherst County. Bedford County Deed Book B, pages 411-412. Family History Library Film #007846222, image 348. Note: the filming skipped page 411 and only shows page 412.3|
|Property*||George Stovall Jr. acquired 178 acres in Amherst County on 1 Dec 1779 - Library of Virginia, Land Office Patents B, 1779-1780, p. 190 Reel 43.|
|County Change*||1782 - Campbell County was formed from Bedford.|
|Death*||George STOVALL Jr. died in August 1782 in Campbell County, Virginia.2|
|Will*||George Stovall Jr. left a will filed in Campbell County that mentions James Stovall, Thomas Stovall, Joseph W. Stovall, Brett Stovall, Elizabeth Stovall and Milly Stovall. |
Library of Virginia - Part of index to Campbell County Wills and Administrations (1782 - 1800), p. 11-14. Will pro. 5 Sept. 1782., p. 15-17. Inv. & Appr. rec. 7 Nov. 1782, Will Book 1, 1782-1800 (Reel 19.)4
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 5 September 1782 in Campbell County, Virginia.4|
|Mary "Molly" COOPER d. 1796|
- [S293] The Family of Bartholomew Stovall (Eight Generations of Stovalls in England and America), Neil D. Thompson, Stovall Family Association, 1993.
- [S3399] Bishop, Donald E., Descendants of Bartholomew Stovall 1655-1722: First Five Generations. Laurel, Mississippi: Stovall Family Association, 1999. 929.273 St76bd https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/835331, Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3092] Chilton, Ann. Bedford County, Virginia Deed Book B-2, 1761-1766. Signal Mountain, TN (P.O. Box 400, Signal Mountain 37377: Mountain Press, 1992. Print., Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S3109] Clemens, William M. Virginia Wills Before 1799: A Complete Abstract Register of All Names Mentioned in Over Six Hundred Recorded Wills ... Copied from the Court House Records of Amherst, Bedford, Campbell, Loudoun, Prince William, and Rockbridge Counties. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co, 1973. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||29 Mar 2022|