HAIRSTON.org ID#6740, b. 25 November 1738, d. 15 November 1806
|Father*||John MCCORD1,2 d. a 1764|
|Birth*||John MCCORD was born on 25 November 1738 in Virginia. One source gives birth date as 5 September 1738.3,4,2|
|He was the son of John MCCORD.1,2|
|Will||In John MCCORD's will dated 2 March 1764 in Albemarle County, Virginia, John MCCORD was named as executor; McCord, John Senior, Albemarle County Wills and Administrations, pp. 158-159. Will pro. 8 Mar. 1764., pp. 171-172. Inv. & appr. rec. 11 Oct. 1764. Will Book 2, 1752-1785 (Reel 34), Library of Virginia.1|
|Military*||Between 1780 and 1783 - Private in the South Carolina Militia under Capt. Pickens.|
|Will*||He left a will on 30 October 1806 in Abbeville County, South Carolina. His will mentions: sons John, James, William, Robert and Joseph; daughters Margaret McCord, Eleanor McCord, Agnes W. Farlin, Elizabeth McCord and Isabell McCrakin; grandson William Stuart McCord. Witnesses are John Hairston, Josiah Chambers and Andrew Paul.5,6|
|Death*||He died on 15 November 1806 at age 67.4|
|Burial*||He was buried in Upper Long Cane Cemetery, Abbeville County, South Carolina.4|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 25 November 1806 in Abbeville County, South Carolina.5|
- [S3210] Miller, W. Harris. History and Genealogies of the Families of Miller, Woods, Harris, Wallace, Maupin, Oldham, Kavanaugh, and Brown (illustrated): with interspersions of notes of the families of Dabney, Reid, Martin, Broaddus, Gentry, Jarman, Jameson, Ballard, Mullins, Michie, Moberley, Covington, Browning, Duncan, Yancey, and others. Richmond, Ky.: https://hdl.handle.net/2027/loc.ark:/13960/t1jh3mm0v, unknown repository.
- [S3454] Lofquist, Margaret U., The Genenealogical Record of Some McCord Families in America 1965, Ancestry.com.
- [S233] Roster of South Carolina Patriots in the American. Online ancestry.com.
- [S3148] U.S. Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1963: Ancestry.com.
- [S3066] South Carolina Department of Archives and History, Columbia, SC.
- [S3453] Will of John McCord - 1806, Abbeville District, South Carolina; Recorded 25 November 1806, Will Book 1, Page 331, South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
|Last Edited||15 Jun 2018|