|Father*||John MCCORD1 b. 25 Nov 1738, d. 15 Nov 1806|
|James MCCORD was the son of John MCCORD.1|
|Will||James MCCORD was mentioned in the will of John MCCORD on 30 October 1806 in Abbeville County, South Carolina; His will mentions: sons John, James, William, Robert and Joseph; daughters Margaret McCord, Eleanor McCord, Agnes W. Farlin, Elizabeth McCord and Isabell McCrakin; grandson William Stuart McCord. Witnesses are John Hairston, Josiah Chambers and Andrew Paul.2,3|
|Census 1810*||James MCCORD appeared on the census of 1810 in Abbeville County, South Carolina, James McCord Males 16-25 1, 26-44 1, Females 26-44 1. Some neighbors are Henerson, Boyd, Candle, Miller, John Herston.4|
|Census 1830*||He appeared on the census of 1820 in Abbeville County, South Carolina, James McCord Males <10 2, 45+ 1, Females 10-15 1, 45+ 1. Neighbors John McCord, Robert Gordon, Samuel Carter.5|
- [S3454] Lofquist, Margaret U., The Genenealogical Record of Some McCord Families in America 1965, Ancestry.com.
- [S3066] South Carolina Department of Archives and History, Columbia, SC.
- [S3453] Will of John McCord - 1806, Abbeville District, South Carolina; Recorded 25 November 1806, Will Book 1, Page 331, South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- [S1810] 1810 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1820] 1820 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||2 Sep 2021|