HAIRSTON.org ID#2573, b. 2 June 1690, d. 18 December 1742
|Mother*||Lady Susan (surname unknown)|
|Married Name||Her married name was WOODS.|
|Birth*||Mary CAMPBELL was born on 2 June 1690 in Argylshire, Scotland.1,2|
|She was the daughter of James CAMPBELL and Lady Susan (surname unknown).|
|Marriage*||Mary CAMPBELL married Michael WOODS, son of John WOODS and Elizabeth WORSOP, about 1705.3,4,2,5|
|Death*||Mary CAMPBELL died on 18 December 1742 in Virginia at age 52; said to have been the first white woman killed by Indians in the area.2|
|Burial*||She was buried in Albemarle County, Virginia.|
|Michael WOODS b. a 1684, d. a 1762|
- [S3050] Woodworth, R. Bell. (1954). The Descendants of Robert And John Poage, Pioneer Settlers In Augusta County, Va.: a Genealogy Based On the Manuscript Collections of Prof. Andrew Woods Williamson, Henry Martyn Williamson, And John Guy Bishop. Staunton, Va.: Priv. print. by the McClure Print. Co., 1954. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89067449405, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3210] Miller, W. Harris. History and Genealogies of the Families of Miller, Woods, Harris, Wallace, Maupin, Oldham, Kavanaugh, and Brown (illustrated): with interspersions of notes of the families of Dabney, Reid, Martin, Broaddus, Gentry, Jarman, Jameson, Ballard, Mullins, Michie, Moberley, Covington, Browning, Duncan, Yancey, and others. Richmond, Ky.: https://hdl.handle.net/2027/loc.ark:/13960/t1jh3mm0v, unknown repository.
- [S146] Woods, Edgar. Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It. Charlottesville, Va.: Michie Co., printers, 1901. Print. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044019921394, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3048] Woods, Neander Montgomaery; The Woods-McAfee Memorial, containing an account of John Woods and James McAfee of Ireland, and their descendants in America, Courier-Journal Job Printing Co., Louisville, KY - 1905, unknown repository.
- [S3502] Hosier, Jr., Scott F., The Descendants of Michael Woods, Gent., of Mountain Plains, Albemarle, VA. 30 March 1992., Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
|Last Edited||1 Dec 2019|