HAIRSTON.org ID#2609, b. 1705, d. 12 April 1783
|Father*||Michael WOODS1,2 b. a 1684, d. a 1762|
|Mother*||Mary CAMPBELL b. 2 Jun 1690, d. 18 Dec 1742|
|Birth*||William WOODS was born in 1705 in County Meath, Ireland.2|
|He was the son of Michael WOODS and Mary CAMPBELL.1,2|
|Marriage*||William WOODS married Susannah WALLACE, daughter of Peter WALLACE Sr. and Elizabeth WOODS, on 1 October 1735 in Augusta County, Virginia.1|
|Church Record||William WOODS on March 29, 1747 in Goochland County, signed a petition to call and invite Rev. Samuel Black to minister to the Ivy Creek Orthodox Reformed Presbyterian Church.|
The list of signers also included Peter Hairston.
Rev. Samuel Black (c1700-1770) was from Ireland in 1735 and was a pastor in Donegal, Lancaster, PA. before coming to Virginia.3
|Will||He was mentioned in the will of Michael WOODS on 24 November 1761 in Albemarle County, Virginia.3,1,2,4|
|Death*||William WOODS died on 12 April 1783.|
|Burial*||He was buried in Saint Pauls Cemetery, Albemarle County, Virginia.5|
|Susannah WALLACE b. a 1708|
- [S3048] Woods, Neander Montgomery; The Woods-McAfee Memorial, containing an account of John Woods and James McAfee of Ireland, and their descendants in America, Courier-Journal Job Printing Co., Louisville, KY - 1905 - https://hdl.handle.net/2027/loc.ark:/13960/t8rb7r654, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3210] Miller, W. Harris. History and Genealogies of the Families of Miller, Woods, Harris, Wallace, Maupin, Oldham, Kavanaugh, and Brown (illustrated): with interspersions of notes of the families of Dabney, Reid, Martin, Broaddus, Gentry, Jarman, Jameson, Ballard, Mullins, Michie, Moberley, Covington, Browning, Duncan, Yancey, and others. Richmond, Ky.: https://hdl.handle.net/2027/loc.ark:/13960/t1jh3mm0v, unknown repository.
- [S146] Woods, Edgar. Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It. Charlottesville, Va.: Michie Co., printers, 1901. Print. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044019921394, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3588] King, J. E. S. (1940). Abstracts of wills, inventories, and administration accounts of Albemarle County, Virginia (1748-1800) Amherst County, Virginia (1761-1800).
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/99022, Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||12 May 2018|