HAIRSTON.org ID#4818, b. about 1724
|Father*||Michael WOODS1,2 b. a 1684, d. a 1762|
|Mother*||Mary CAMPBELL b. 2 Jun 1690, d. 18 Dec 1742|
|Married Name||Her married name was LAPSLEY.|
|Marriage*||Sarah WOODS married Joseph LAPSLEY.1|
|Birth*||Sarah WOODS was born about 1724.1|
|She was the daughter of Michael WOODS and Mary CAMPBELL.1,2|
|Will||Sarah WOODS was mentioned in the will of Michael WOODS on 24 November 1761 in Albemarle County, Virginia; Michael Woods will was dated 24 November 1761 and listed his sons Archibald, John, William and daughters Hannah, Margaret (dec'd.), Sarah and a grandson Michael (son of Archibald). Executors were Archibald Woods, John Woods and William Wallace. - Albemarle Will Book B, page 129. Family Search Library Film #7643846, image 76.3,1,4,5|
- [S3048] Woods, Neander Montgomery; The Woods-McAfee Memorial, containing an account of John Woods and James McAfee of Ireland, and their descendants in America, Courier-Journal Job Printing Co., Louisville, KY - 1905 - https://hdl.handle.net/2027/loc.ark:/13960/t8rb7r654, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3502] Hosier, Jr., Scott F., The Descendants of Michael Woods, Gent., of Mountain Plains, Albemarle, VA. 30 March 1992., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S146] Woods, Edgar. Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It. Charlottesville, Va.: Michie Co., printers, 1901. Print. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044019921394, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3210] Miller, W. Harris. History and Genealogies of the Families of Miller, Woods, Harris, Wallace, Maupin, Oldham, Kavanaugh, and Brown (illustrated): with interspersions of notes of the families of Dabney, Reid, Martin, Broaddus, Gentry, Jarman, Jameson, Ballard, Mullins, Michie, Moberley, Covington, Browning, Duncan, Yancey, and others. Richmond, Ky.: https://hdl.handle.net/2027/loc.ark:/13960/t1jh3mm0v, unknown repository.
- [S3588] King, J. E. S. (1940). Abstracts of wills, inventories, and administration accounts of Albemarle County, Virginia (1748-1800) Amherst County, Virginia (1761-1800).
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/99022, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
|Last Edited||8 Aug 2023|