Elizabeth A. PENN
HAIRSTON.org ID#678, b. 14 December 1826, d. 1 January 1900
|Father*||Thomas Jefferson PENN2 b. 15 Jun 1781, d. 29 Mar 1858|
|Mother*||Mary Christian KENNERLY1 b. 26 Nov 1803, d. 29 Jun 1885|
|Birth*||Elizabeth A. PENN was born on 14 December 1826.3|
|She was the daughter of Thomas Jefferson PENN and Mary Christian KENNERLY.1,2|
|Marriage*||Elizabeth A. PENN married Samuel William HAIRSTON, son of Col. George "Old Rusty" HAIRSTON Jr. and Louisa HARDYMAN, on 26 October 1848 in Poplar Grove, Patrick County, Virginia; Minister Wiliam M. Schoolfield.4,3|
|Census 1850||Elizabeth A. PENN listed in the household of Samuel William HAIRSTON on 28 October 1850 in Patrick County, Virginia; Saml W. 24, Eliza 24, Jno T. 1.5|
|Census 1860||Elizabeth A. PENN appeared on the 1860 census of Samuel William HAIRSTON on 2 August 1860 in Patrick County, Virginia; Samuel W 33 an iron maker, Eliza 33, Joth T 10, George R 7, Mary L 9, Elizabeth 5.6|
|Census 1880||Elizabeth A. PENN appeared on the 1880 census of Mary Christian KENNERLY on 23 June 1880 in Mayo River, Patrick County, Virginia; Mary Penn 77, Samuel W. Hairston 52 son-in-law, Eliza 52 daughter, Mary L. 24 grand-daughter, Mary Penn (not Hairston) 22 grand-daughter.1|
|Death*||Elizabeth A. PENN died on 1 January 1900 in Martinsville, Henry, Virginia, at age 73.3|
|Samuel William HAIRSTON b. 18 Dec 1826, d. 31 Mar 1885|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S95] Penn Family Bible 1753-1926, Bible of Captain Thomas Penn, Poplar Grove, Patrick Co., Virginia.
Summary Record is a typed transcript (2 leaves). Area covered is Patrick County, Virginia. Bible printed in 1824. Other surnames mentioned: Foster, Hairston, Hay, Kennerly, Leath, Shelton, Smithee, Tatum, and Zentmeyer. This transcript appeared in the March 1973 issue of Daughters of the American Revolution Magazine, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S70] Marriages of Patrick County, Virginia 1791-1850, Lela C. Adams, (Bassett, VA 1972).
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||12 Dec 2017|