Mary Christian KENNERLY
HAIRSTON.org ID#4046, b. 26 November 1803, d. 29 June 1885
|Married Name||Her married name was PENN.|
|Birth*||Mary Christian KENNERLY was born on 26 November 1803 in Virginia.1,2|
|Marriage*||She married Thomas Jefferson PENN, son of Col. Abraham PENN and Ruth STOVALL, in 1818.3|
|Census 1850||Mary Christian KENNERLY appeared on the 1850 census of Thomas Jefferson PENN on 16 August 1850 in Patrick County, Virginia; Thomas Penn 69, Mary 47, George W. 27, Sarah 20, Joseph 18, Lucinda 15, Thomas G. 17, William 15, John C. S. 8. All born in Virginia.4|
|Census 1860*||Mary Christian KENNERLY was Head of Household on 17 August 1860 in Patrick County, Virginia. Mary C Penn 58, Wiiliam A 19, John 17.4|
|Census 1870*||She was Head of Household on 22 July 1870 Mary C. Penn 66, Thomas G. 32, Edmond 18, Mary A. 16.5|
|Census 1880*||She appeared on the census of 23 June 1880 in Mayo River, Patrick County, Virginia, Mary Penn 77, Samuel W. Hairston 52 son-in-law, Eliza 52 daughter, Mary L. 24 grand-daughter, Mary Penn (not Hairston) 22 grand-daughter.1|
|Death*||She died on 29 June 1885 at age 81.2|
|Burial*||She was buried in Penn Cemetery, Patrick County, Virginia; |
Photo: Find A Grave by Elizabeth Reed-Eanes.2
|Thomas Jefferson PENN b. 15 Jun 1781, d. 29 Mar 1858|
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||23 Nov 2021|