HAIRSTON.org ID#51, b. 25 December 1787, d. 23 October 1847
|Birth*||Louisa HARDYMAN was born on 25 December 1787 in Charles City, Virginia.|
|Marriage*||She married Col. George "Old Rusty" HAIRSTON Jr., son of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON and Elizabeth PERKINS, on 24 February 1811 in Greenway, Charles City, Virginia, at the home of Governor John Tyler, marriage security John Southall.1,2,3,4|
|Census 1820||Louisa HARDYMAN appeared on the 1820 census of Col. George "Old Rusty" HAIRSTON Jr. in 1820 in Henry County, Virginia; Males <10 3 (John 9, George 7, Nicholas 3), 26-44 1 (George 36), Females <10 2 (Elizabeth 5, Susan2), 16-25 1 (unknown), 25-44 1 (wife - Louisa 33), Slaves 65.5|
|Photo*||Sometime around 1825 a portrait of Louisa Hardyman Hairston and her daughter Louisa was painted by James Westhall Ford. The National Society of Colonial Dames of America in Tennessee has a copy of the portrait on the following website: http://www.tnportraits.org/watkins-louisa-h-h.htm.|
|Census 1830||Louisa HARDYMAN appeared on the 1830 census of Col. George "Old Rusty" HAIRSTON Jr. in 1830 in Henry County, Virginia; Males <5 1 (Samuel William), 5-9 1 (Robert Henry), 10-14 1 (Nicholas Hardyman), 15-19 1 (George Stovall), 30-39 1 (unknown), 40-49 1 (George), Females 5-9 1 (Louisa Hardyman), 10-14 1 (Susan Maria), 15-19 1 (Elizabeth), 30-39 1 (unknown), 40-49 1 (wife - Louisa), Slaves 138.6|
|Death*||Louisa HARDYMAN died on 23 October 1847 at age 59.3|
|Burial*||She was buried in Hordsville Plantation, Henry County, Virginia.7|
|Col. George "Old Rusty" HAIRSTON Jr. b. 27 Nov 1784, d. 13 Oct 1863|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S145] Pedigo, Virginia G. and Pedigo, Lewis Gravely. History of Patrick and Henry Counties, Virginia - Genealogical Publishing Co., 1933, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S217] Pippenger, Wesley E. Death Notices from Richmond, Virginia Newspapers, 1841-1853. Richmond: Virginia Genealogical Society, 2002. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3076] Virginia Marriage Records, From the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, the William and Mary College Quarterly, and Tyler's Quarterly; Indexed by Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore 1984, Ancestry.com.
- [S1820] 1820 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S16] Hordesville Plantation Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia.
|Last Edited||17 Nov 2017|