Anna Caroline POTTS
HAIRSTON.org ID#592, b. 30 April 1849, d. 3 June 1911
|Father*||Dr. Hugh Swinton POTTS1 b. 12 Mar 1818, d. b 1880|
|Mother*||Narcissa Eliza GRAY1 b. a 1826|
|Birth*||Anna Caroline POTTS was born on 30 April 1849 in Mississippi; (1900 Federal Census shows birthplace as Virginia). Her parents birthplace are both South Carolina.2,3,4|
|She was the daughter of Dr. Hugh Swinton POTTS and Narcissa Eliza GRAY.1|
|Census 1850||Anna Caroline POTTS appeared on the 1850 census of Dr. Hugh Swinton POTTS on 4 September 1850 in Winston County, Mississippi; H.S. Potts 32 physician from SC, wife Narcissa 25 from SC, Margaret 5, Anna 1.|
|Census 1860||Anna Caroline POTTS appeared on the 1860 census of William H. GRAY on 20 June 1860 in Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi; William H. Gray (head of household) 32 born in SC, Ella Gray 5 born MS, H. S. Potts 42 Physician South Carolina, Narcissa Potts 34 South Carolina, Margaret 14, Anna 11, Martha & Elvira 7 (twins). Sumner Hudson 9 and William Hudson 1.1|
|Marriage*||Anna Caroline POTTS married George HAIRSTON, son of Col. Samuel Saunders HAIRSTON Jr. and Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON, in December 1868.6,4|
|Census 1880||Anna Caroline POTTS appeared on the 1880 census of George HAIRSTON on 15 June 1880 in Beat 4, Lowndes County, Mississippi; George Harston 34, A.C. Harston 30, Robt 10, G.C. 6, F.A. 4, M.E. 2, Baby 4 mnths.2|
|Census 1900||Anna Caroline POTTS appeared on the 1900 census of George HAIRSTON on 12 June 1900 in Beat 4, Lowndes County, Mississippi; George Hairston 54, Anna Hairston 51, Lizzie 22, Sam Henry 20, Jubal Early 17, |
William 14, John Henry 12, Gerald 9, Le Gree 7.7
|Death*||Anna Caroline POTTS died on 3 June 1911 at age 62.3|
|Burial*||She was buried in Hairston Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi.3 |
|George HAIRSTON b. 16 Dec 1845, d. 5 Oct 1905|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S17] Hairston Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi.
- [S136] Bible - Thomas Potts Family Bible - 1668-1893 , area covered is Charleston, South Carolina. Bible printed in 1740. other surnames mentioned: Akin, Burton, Gray, Hairston, Keelin, Smith, and Thornton. Library call number 24346, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S55] Harden Hairston Family Bible, 1750-1908. The Holy Bible containing The Old & New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues,.....J. Holbrook's Sterotype Copy., Eighth Edition, Brattleborough, (Vt.), 1817, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||15 Mar 2019|