Narcissa Eliza GRAY
HAIRSTON.org ID#993, b. about 1826
|Father*||John Frederick GRAY1|
|Mother*||Sommer Fleming AIKIN1|
|Birth*||Narcissa Eliza GRAY was born about 1826 in South Carolina.2|
|She was the daughter of John Frederick GRAY and Sommer Fleming AIKIN.1|
|Marriage*||Narcissa Eliza GRAY married Dr. Hugh Swinton POTTS, son of Samuel Thomas POTTS and Margaret SWINTON, on 10 August 1844 in Winston County, Mississippi; Potts Bible shows marriage date of 14 May 1844.3,4,1|
|Census 1850||Narcissa Eliza GRAY appeared on the 1850 census of Dr. Hugh Swinton POTTS on 4 September 1850 in Winston County, Mississippi; H.S. Potts 32 physician from SC, wife Narcissa 25 from SC, Margaret 5, Anna 1.|
|Census 1860||Narcissa Eliza GRAY appeared on the 1860 census of William H. GRAY on 20 June 1860 in Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi; William H. Gray (head of household) 32 born in SC, Ella Gray 5 born MS, H. S. Potts 42 Physician South Carolina, Narcissa Potts 34 South Carolina, Margaret 14, Anna 11, Martha & Elvira 7 (twins). Sumner Hudson 9 and William Hudson 1.3|
|Census 1870*||Narcissa Eliza GRAY was Head of Household on 16 June 1870 in Township 17, Lowndes County, Mississippi.6 |
|Census 1880*||She appeared on the census of 21 June 1880 in Beat 4, Lowndes County, Mississippi.7 |
|Dr. Hugh Swinton POTTS b. 12 Mar 1818, d. b 1880|
- [S136] Bible - Thomas Potts Family Bible - 1668-1893 , area covered is Charleston, South Carolina. Bible printed in 1740. other surnames mentioned: Akin, Burton, Gray, Hairston, Keelin, Smith, and Thornton. Library call number 24346, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S76] Mississippi Marriages, 1776-1935, Ancestry.com.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||18 Mar 2019|