HAIRSTON.org ID#423, b. 16 December 1845, d. 5 October 1905
|Father*||Samuel Saunders HAIRSTON Jr.1,2 b. 12 Aug 1804, d. 8 Jul 1850|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON b. 4 Apr 1809, d. 8 May 1858|
|Birth*||George HAIRSTON was born on 16 December 1845 in Virginia.3,4,1 |
|He was the son of Samuel Saunders HAIRSTON Jr. and Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON.1,2|
|Census 1850||George HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of Hardin HAIRSTON on 25 September 1850 in Lowndes County, Mississippi; Hardin 64, Elizabeth 40, (the following children are Col. Samuel Hairston's) Elizabeth 15, Sarah 18, Samuel 20, Theodosia 13, John 11, Robert 8, George 5, Joseph 3, Sanders 1, and Harden's son George 38.5|
|Will||George HAIRSTON was mentioned in the will of Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON on 21 April 1858 in Lowndes County, Mississippi.6|
|Census 1860||George HAIRSTON appeared on the 1860 census of Sarah Alice Staples "Sallie" HAIRSTON on 20 July 1860 in Lowndes County, Mississippi; as Sallie Hairston.7|
|Will||In Hardin HAIRSTON's will dated 29 September 1862, George HAIRSTON was named as an heir; Hardin Hairston left a will dated 29 September 1862, Lowndes County Courthouse, Mississippi, page 122. PDF transcript and a copy of will attached.8|
|Marriage*||He married Anna Caroline POTTS, daughter of Dr. Hugh Swinton POTTS and Narcissa Eliza GRAY, in December 1868.1,9|
|Census 1880*||George HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 15 June 1880 in Beat 4, Lowndes County, Mississippi, George Harston 34, A.C. Harston 30, Robt 10, G.C. 6, F.A. 4, M.E. 2, Baby 4 mnths.3|
|Census 1900*||He appeared on the census of 12 June 1900 in Beat 4, Lowndes County, Mississippi, George Hairston 54, Anna Hairston 51, Lizzie 22, Sam Henry 20, Jubal Early 17, |
William 14, John Henry 12, Gerald 9, Le Gree 7.10
|Will*||He left a "Christmas Gift" will on 25 December 1900. |
|Death*||He died on 5 October 1905 at age 59.4|
|Burial*||He was buried in Hairston Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi.4 |
|Photo*||George and Anna Caroline Hairston's children got together about 1912 for Christmas at the home of Elizabeth Mary Hairston, their only sister.|
Front Row L-R:
Elizabeth Marie Hairston - Dr. Samuel H. "Jack" Hairston, Fred Hairston, Ide Eager Hairston, Jubal Early Hairston. George Clifford Hairston holding Anna May Hairston, MissGray Hairston holding Frances Hairston, John Hairston holding Henry Gray Hairston
Back Row L-R:
Nelle Johnson Hairston, Elizabeth Mary Hairston, George Clifford Hairston, Jr., William "Bill" Hairston, Gerald Hairston, Rosa Brown Hairston, Legare Hairston, Ruby Dalton Hairston, Anna Lee Moseley Hairston
|Photo||George and Anna Caroline Hairston's children got together again about 1925.|
Front Row L-R:
Samuel Henry "Jack" Hairston, Jr., Annie Lee Mosely Hairston, John Henry Hairston, Henry Gray Hairston, Elizabeth Marie Hairston, William Burton Hairston holding his son William Jr.
Middle Row L-R:
George Clifford Hairston, Nelle Vaughn Johnson Hairston, Frances R. Hairston, Rubye Trice Hairston, George Clifford Hairston, Jr.
Back Row L-R:
Anna May Hairston, Gerald "Jerry" Potts Hairston, Dr. Samuel Henry "Jack" Hairston, Jubal Early Hairston, Frederick Hugh Hairston, Robert Gray Hairston, Katie Lucolle Steele Hairston.
|Anna Caroline POTTS b. 30 Apr 1849, d. 3 Jun 1911|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S55] Harden Hairston Family Bible, 1750-1908. The Holy Bible containing The Old & New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues,.....J. Holbrook's Sterotype Copy., Eighth Edition, Brattleborough, (Vt.), 1817, Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S17] Hairston Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi, Information and photographs gathered from personal visits.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3316] Will of Elizabeth Perkins Hairston - 21 April 1858, Lowndes County, Mississippi, Will Book 1, Page 15, 16 & 17. Mississippi Probate Records, 1781-1930," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-89Q6-R6LN : 21 May 2014), Lowndes > Wills 1847-1889 vol 1 > image 25 of 341; county courthouses and public libraries, Mississippi., Lowndes County Courthouse,.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S271] Will of Hardin Hairston - 29 Sep 1862, Lowndes County Will Book #1, page 122. Mississippi Probate Records, 1781-1930," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9Q6-RFZ9 : 21 May 2014), Lowndes > Wills 1847-1889 vol 1 > image 82 of 341; county courthouses and public libraries, Mississippi., Lowndes County Courthouse,.
- [S136] Bible - Thomas Potts Family Bible - 1668-1893 , area covered is Charleston, South Carolina. Bible printed in 1740. other surnames mentioned: Akin, Burton, Gray, Hairston, Keelin, Smith, and Thornton. Library call number 24346, Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3145] U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2015.
|Last Edited||23 Nov 2021|