Madison W. FRANS
HAIRSTON.org ID#4885, b. 16 September 1794, d. 10 May 1863
|Mother*||Elizabeth STOVALL1 b. a 1768, d. 1842|
|Marriage*||Madison W. FRANS married Mary B. "Polly" RENTFRO, daughter of Capt. Joshua RENTFRO and Jane "Jenny" HAIRSTON.2|
|Birth*||Madison W. FRANS was born on 16 September 1794 in Virginia.2,3|
|He was the son of Elizabeth STOVALL.4,1|
|Marriage*||Madison W. FRANS married America Hairston RENTFRO, daughter of Capt. Joshua RENTFRO and Jane "Jenny" HAIRSTON, on 13 March 1836 in Meade County, Kentucky. "Know all men by these presents, That we Madison Frans & America Pearson are held and firmly bound unto the Commonwealthof Kentucky......" Marriage license dated 11 March 1836.4,5,6|
|Census 1850*||Madison W. FRANS appeared on the census of 7 November 1850 in Centre, Buchanan County, Missouri.3|
|Census 1860*||He was Head of Household on 18 August 1860 in Meade County, Kentucky.7|
|Death*||He died on 10 May 1863 at age 68.2|
|Mary B. "Polly" RENTFRO b. 12 May 1788, d. 15 Nov 1835|
|America Hairston RENTFRO b. 27 May 1810, d. 3 Oct 1879|
- [S3399] Bishop, Donald E., Descendants of Bartholomew Stovall 1655-1722: First Five Generations. Laurel, Mississippi: Stovall Family Association, 1999. 929.273 St76bd https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/835331, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3162] Email from Faith Bishoff, 25 Oct 2001 - Faith Bishoff is a 4th great-granddaughter of Jenny Hairston Rentfro.
- [S3410] Kentucky, County Marriages, 1797-1954, database with images, FamilySearch https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V5ZX-YN9, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3698] Kentucky, U.S., County Marriage Records, 1783-1965 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Kentucky U.S. County Marriages 1783-1965 Original data: Marriage Records. Kentucky Marriages. Madison County Courthouse, Richmond, Kentucky., Ancestry.com.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||7 Nov 2022|