America Hairston RENTFRO
HAIRSTON.org ID#1918, b. 27 May 1810, d. 3 October 1879
|Father*||Capt. Joshua RENTFRO b. 1 Jul 1757, d. 5 Sep 1815|
|Mother*||Jane "Jenny" HAIRSTON b. 16 Oct 1767, d. 28 Oct 1839|
|Birth*||America Hairston RENTFRO was born on 27 May 1810 in Virginia.1,2,3|
|She was the daughter of Capt. Joshua RENTFRO and Jane "Jenny" HAIRSTON.|
|Marriage*||Benjamin A. Pearson obtained a license to marry America H. Rentfro on 23 November 1829.4|
|Death Spouse*||Her husband, Benjamin Allen Pearson, died in 1833.5|
|Marriage*||America Hairston RENTFRO married Madison W. FRANS, son of Elizabeth STOVALL, on 13 March 1836 in Meade County, Kentucky. "Know all men by these presents, That we Madison Frans & America Pearson are held and firmly bound unto the Commonwealthof Kentucky......" Marriage license dated 11 March 1836.1,6,4|
|Census 1850||America Hairston RENTFRO appeared on the 1850 census of Madison W. FRANS on 7 November 1850 in Centre, Buchanan County, Missouri.3|
|Census 1860||America Hairston RENTFRO appeared on the 1860 census of Madison W. FRANS on 18 August 1860 in Meade County, Kentucky.7|
|Death Spouse||Her husband, Madison W. Frans, died in 1863.5|
|Death*||America Hairston RENTFRO died on 3 October 1879 in Meade, Kentucky, at age 69.1,2|
|Burial*||She was buried in Parr-Frans Cemetery, Meade County, Kentucky.2|
|Benjamin Allen PEARSON d. a 1833|
|Madison W. FRANS b. 16 Sep 1794, d. 10 May 1863|
- [S3162] Email from Faith Bishoff, 25 Oct 2001 - Faith Bishoff is a 4th great-granddaughter of Jenny Hairston Rentfro.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3698] Kentucky, U.S., County Marriage Records, 1783-1965 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Kentucky U.S. County Marriages 1783-1965 Original data: Marriage Records. Kentucky Marriages. Madison County Courthouse, Richmond, Kentucky., Ancestry.com.
- [S3700] An Illustrated history of San Joaquin County, California : containing a history of San Joaquin County from the earliest period [database on-line]. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005.
Original data:An Illustrated history of San Joaquin County, California : containing a history of San Joaquin County from the earliest period of its occupancy to the present time, together with glimpses of its future prospects, with full-page portraits of some of its most eminent men, and biographical mention of many of its pioneers and also of prominent citizens of to-day.. Chicago: Lewis Pub. Co., 1890., Ancestry.com.
- [S3410] Kentucky, County Marriages, 1797-1954, database with images, FamilySearch https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V5ZX-YN9, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3699] California, U.S., Pioneer and Immigrant Files, 1790-1950 - California State Library - Sacramento Co, Sacramento, California, Pioneer Index File (1906–1934); A–Z. Sacramento, California: California State Library., Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||7 Nov 2022|