Agnes Anne HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#35, b. about 1772, d. January 1810
|Father*||Capt. Robert HAIRSTON1 b. b 1724, d. b 2 Jun 1791|
|Mother*||Ruth STOVALL b. a 1731, d. 3 Mar 1808|
|Birth*||Agnes Anne HAIRSTON was born about 1772 in Berry Hill, Pittsylvania, Virginia.|
|She was the daughter of Capt. Robert HAIRSTON and Ruth STOVALL.1|
|Will||In Capt. Robert HAIRSTON's will dated 26 May 1790 in Franklin County, Virginia, Agnes Anne HAIRSTON.1,2 was named as an heir; It is interesting to note that Robert lists his sons, granddaughters and all but two daughters as "My". However, he lists daughters Martha Hunter and Jenny Rentfro as "her daughters", indicating his wife Ruth. Is it possible they are from another marriage? |
Robert's daughter Sarah "Sally" Hairston, the mother of Elizabeth and Martha Rowland, died before his will was written.
PDF transcript of Robert's 1790 will attached -->
|Marriage*||She married John WOODS, son of Robert WOODS and Elizabeth MIDDLETON, on 12 October 1792 in Franklin County, Virginia.3,4,5|
|Death*||Agnes Anne HAIRSTON died in January 1810; |
HAIRSTON FAMILY BIBLE.4
|John WOODS b. a 1768, d. a 1811|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S121] Will of Robert Hairston 26 May 1790, Franklin County, Virginia Will Book #1, page 70-71. Inventory & Appraisel record Feb 1793. Will Book No. 1, pages 85-87, 1786-1812 (Reel 18). Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S3131] Salmon, John S, and Emily J. Salmon. Franklin County, Virginia, 1786-1986: A Bicentennial History. Rocky Mount, Va: Franklin County Bicentennial Commission, 1993. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S143] Hairston Family, Bible - Robert Hairston 1755-1844. The Holy Bible containing the Old and New Testaments, together with the Apocrypha: Translated Out of the Originial Tongues, and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised.... Philadelphia, Printed and Published by M. Carey, 1817.; State Archives North Carolina 400.1.1.982,.
- [S152] Virginia Marriages 1660-1800, Jordan Dodd, (n.pub.).
|Last Edited||4 Dec 2017|