John Goldthwait WITHERSPOON
HAIRSTON.org ID#231, b. 21 September 1867, d. 26 January 1934
|Father*||Dr. Robert Sidney WITHERSPOON1 b. 27 Aug 1823, d. 12 Jan 1894|
|Mother*||Mary A. TORRANCE2 b. 22 Feb 1830, d. 3 Jan 1898|
|Birth*||John Goldthwait WITHERSPOON was born on 21 September 1867 in Mississippi, Bethel Church Records indicate September 20, 1866.3,1,2|
|He was the son of Dr. Robert Sidney WITHERSPOON and Mary A. TORRANCE.1,2|
|Census 1880||John Goldthwait WITHERSPOON appeared on the 1880 census of Dr. Robert Sidney WITHERSPOON on 3 June 1880 in Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, Kentucky.4 |
|Marriage*||John Goldthwait WITHERSPOON married Kiziah "Kizzie" Staples HAIRSTON, daughter of George William HAIRSTON and Mary Watt HAIRSTON, on 20 November 1907 in Magowah Meadow. |
The Columbus Commercial, Tuesday Morning, Nov. 26, 1907, page 1.5
|Marriage*||John Goldthwait WITHERSPOON married Katherine Montgomery MCKEE, daughter of John M. MCKEE Jr. and Kittie GUILD, after 1909.6|
|Census 1920||John Goldthwait WITHERSPOON appeared on the 1920 census of Kittie GUILD in 1920 in District 3, Sumner Co., Tennessee.6 |
|Census 1930*||John Goldthwait WITHERSPOON appeared on the census of 1930 in Woods Ferry Pike, District3, Sumner Co., Tennessee.7 |
|Death Certficate*||Death Certficate issued on 26 January 1934 in Sumner County, Tennessee; PDF copy of death certificate attached here.2|
|Death*||He died on 26 January 1934 in Sumner County, Tennessee, at age 66.3,2|
|Burial*||He was buried in Gallatin City Cemetery, Sumner County, Tennessee.3,2|
|Kiziah "Kizzie" Staples HAIRSTON b. 12 Dec 1881, d. 16 Oct 1909|
|Katherine Montgomery MCKEE b. Oct 1877|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S1] Bethel Presbyterian Church Records, Lowndes County, Mississippi.
- [S51] Death Certificate.
- [S167] Tennessee, Deaths and Burials Index, 1874-1955.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3117] Letter Carolyn Hairston Henderson to Robert Hairston, September 1986, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1920] 1920 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1930] 1930 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||22 Nov 2021|