Dr. Robert Sidney WITHERSPOON
HAIRSTON.org ID#4572, b. 27 August 1823, d. 12 January 1894
|Father*||Dr. John Ramsey WITHERSPOON1 b. 17 Mar 1774, d. 9 May 1852|
|Birth*||Dr. Robert Sidney WITHERSPOON was born on 27 August 1823 in Lexington, Kentucky.2,3,1|
|He was the son of Dr. John Ramsey WITHERSPOON and Sophia GRAHAM.1|
|Marriage*||Dr. Robert Sidney WITHERSPOON married Mary A. TORRANCE on 22 June 1853 in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.4,5|
|Census 1860*||Dr. Robert Sidney WITHERSPOON was on 24 July 1860 in Crawfordsville, Lowndes County, Mississippi, listed as a 37 year old physician living next to Harden Hairston.2|
|Census 1880*||He appeared on the census of 3 June 1880 in Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, Kentucky.6 |
|Death*||He died on 12 January 1894 at age 70.3|
|Burial*||He was buried in Gallatin City Cemetery, Sumner County, Tennessee; |
Photo: Find A Grave by BBrown.3
|Mary A. TORRANCE b. 22 Feb 1830, d. 3 Jan 1898|
- [S3468] Wardlaw, Joseph G., Genealogy of the Witherspoon Family: with some account of other familes with which it is connected, Yorkville, SC, 1910. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89064419161, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3] Baird, Rev. E. T.; Historical Sketch of the Bethel Presbyterian Church, Lowndes County, Miss Prepared for the Semi-Centennial Celebration, June 21, 1884 - Columbus, Mississippi - 1885.
- [S176] North Carolina, Marriage Records, 1741-2011 - Provo, Utah, Ancestry.com.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1] Bethel Presbyterian Church Records, Lowndes County, Mississippi.
|Last Edited||23 Nov 2021|