Mary A. TORRANCE
HAIRSTON.org ID#5091, b. 22 February 1830, d. 3 January 1898
|Married Name||Her married name was WITHERSPOON.|
|Birth*||Mary A. TORRANCE was born on 22 February 1830.1|
|Marriage*||She married (surname unknown) BRATTON about 1851.|
|Marriage*||Mary A. TORRANCE married Dr. Robert Sidney WITHERSPOON, son of Dr. John Ramsey WITHERSPOON and Sophia GRAHAM, on 22 June 1853 in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.2,3|
|Census 1860||Mary A. TORRANCE appeared on the 1860 census of Dr. Robert Sidney WITHERSPOON on 24 July 1860 in Crawfordsville, Lowndes County, Mississippi; listed as a 37 year old physician living next to Harden Hairston.4|
|Census 1880||Mary A. TORRANCE appeared on the 1880 census of Dr. Robert Sidney WITHERSPOON on 3 June 1880 in Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, Kentucky.5 |
|Death*||Mary A. TORRANCE died on 3 January 1898 at age 67.1|
|Burial*||She was buried in Gallatin City Cemetery, Sumner County, Tennessee; |
Photo: Find A Grave by BBrown.1
|(surname unknown) BRATTON|
|Dr. Robert Sidney WITHERSPOON b. 27 Aug 1823, d. 12 Jan 1894|
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3] Baird, Rev. E. T.; Historical Sketch of the Bethel Presbyterian Church, Lowndes County, Miss Prepared for the Semi-Centennial Celebration, June 21, 1884 - Columbus, Mississippi - 1885.
- [S176] North Carolina, Marriage Index, 1741-2011 - Provo, Utah, Ancestry.com.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1] Bethel Presbyterian Church Records, Lowndes County, Mississippi.
- [S51] Death Certificate.
|Last Edited||19 Feb 2019|