Matilda Louisa MCCALLAY
HAIRSTON.org ID#2238, b. 23 November 1816, d. 21 May 1851
|Father*||James MCCALLAY1 b. 1770|
|Mother*||Margaret AIKEN1 b. 18 Feb 1776|
|Birth*||Matilda Louisa MCCALLAY was born on 23 November 1816 in Morgan County, Georgia.1,2,3|
|She was the daughter of James MCCALLAY and Margaret AIKEN.1|
|Marriage*||Matilda Louisa MCCALLAY married James McElhaney HAIRSTON, son of Hugh Brown HAIRSTON and Sarah MCELHANEY, on 4 December 1834.4,1,2,5|
|Census 1850||Matilda Louisa MCCALLAY appeared on the 1850 census of James McElhaney HAIRSTON on 10 October 1850 in Troup County, Georgia; Jas Hurston 40 SC, Matilda 34 GA, Margarett 14 GA, Sarah 12 GA, Jane 6 GA, Wm 4 GA, Mary J 1 GA.2|
|Death*||Matilda Louisa MCCALLAY died on 21 May 1851 at age 34.1,3|
|Burial*||She was buried in Harmony Methodist Church, Troup County, Georgia.1,3|
|Census 1880||She appeared on the 1880 census of James HAIRSTON on 3 June 1880 in Chambers County, Alabama; Hairston, James 29 GA, Julia F. 20 GA wife, Ellen L. 2 daughter AL, J. M. Hairston 73 father SC both parents born SC (listed as insane), Louisa M. 68 mother GA both parents born in GA.6|
|James McElhaney HAIRSTON b. 14 Dec 1808, d. 13 Jun 1881|
- [S144] Bible - James M Hairston 1808-1943.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S46] Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, The Hairston History, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - copy.
- [S3432] Dodd, Jordan, comp.. Georgia Marriages to 1850. Electronic transcription of marriage records held by the individual counties in Georgia., Ancestry.com.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||24 Feb 2022|