William McCallay HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#2553, b. 27 November 1846, d. 1 April 1915
|Father*||James McElhaney HAIRSTON1,2 b. 14 Dec 1808, d. 13 Jun 1881|
|Mother*||Matilda Louisa MCCALLAY1 b. 23 Nov 1816, d. 21 May 1851|
|Birth*||William McCallay HAIRSTON was born on 27 November 1846 in Georgia.1,2,3|
|He was the son of James McElhaney HAIRSTON and Matilda Louisa MCCALLAY.1,2|
|Census 1850||William McCallay HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of James McElhaney HAIRSTON on 10 October 1850 in Troup County, Georgia; Jas Hurston 40 SC, Matilda 34 GA, Margarett 14 GA, Sarah 12 GA, Jane 6 GA, Wm 4 GA, Mary J 1 GA.2|
|Court Record||James McElhaney HAIRSTON; On 15 January 1856, James M. Harston became guardian of Sarah May, Jane E., William M. and James Harston, the minor children of James M. Harston. Guardian Bonds, Troup County, Georgia, page 181.4|
|Marriage*||William McCallay HAIRSTON married Callie Stubbs HARRIS about 1870.1,5|
|Census 1870||William McCallay HAIRSTON appeared on the 1870 census of James McElhaney HAIRSTON on 14 July 1870 in Troup County, Georgia; J. M. Hurston 60, Louisa 52, Jane 21, William 23, James 18.6|
|Census 1900*||William McCallay HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1 June 1900 in East Vernon, Troup County, Georgia, William Hairston 53, Callie 47 wife married 30 years with 5 living children, son Ernest L. 24, son Oscar 23, son Will H. 19, and sister Janie 55.5|
|Will*||He left a will on 19 November 1909 in Troup County, Georgia. Mentions sons James G. Hairston, Oscar Hairston, Ernest Hairston, Willie Hairston and daughter Mrs Addie M. Loyd. The will was filed on 5 April 1915. Troup County Will Book C, page 365-366. Family History Library Film #005764893, image 215-216.|
|Death*||He died on 1 April 1915 at age 68.3|
|Burial*||He was buried in Long Cane Baptist Church Cemetery, Troup County, Georgia.3|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 5 April 1915 in Troup County, Georgia.4|
|Callie Stubbs HARRIS b. 12 Aug 1851, d. 16 Aug 1908|
- [S144] Bible - James M Hairston 1808-1943.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3459] Georgia Wills and Probate Records, 1742-1992, Ancestry.com.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||7 Feb 2022|