HAIRSTON.org ID#2101, b. 12 January 1727, d. 6 September 1777
|Birth*||Letitia COX was born on 12 January 1727 in Hagerstown, Washington County, Maryland.3|
|She was the daughter of David COXE.1|
|Marriage*||Letitia COX married Evan SHELBY Jr., son of Evan SHELBY and Catherine DAVIES, about 1744.1,2|
|Death*||Letitia COX died on 6 September 1777 in Charlottesville City, Virginia, at age 50.3,4,5|
|Burial*||She was buried in Maplewood Cemetery, Charlottesville City, Virginia.3,5|
|Evan SHELBY Jr. b. 23 Oct 1720, d. 4 Dec 1794|
- [S169] Mackenzie, George Norbury, 1851-1919. Colonial Families of the United States of America: In Which Is Given the History, Genealogy And Armorial Bearings of Colonial Families Who Settled In the American Colonies From the Time of the Settlement of Jamestown, 13th May, 1607, to the Battle of Lexington, 19th April, 1775. New York: The Grafton Press, 1907. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89058675869, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S209] Shelby, Cass K.; A Report on the First Three Generations of the Shelby Family in the United States of America. Place of publication not identified, 1917. Print.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3321] Wilkinson, M. M., Genealogy of Wilkinson and Kindred Families, Shelby Book Store, Shelby, Mississippi - 1949. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062464664, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S173] Moon, Mary Ann. Sketches of the Shelby, McDowell, Deaderick, Anderson Families, The University of Wisconsin - Madison - 1933 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066319427, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||8 Aug 2017|