HAIRSTON.org ID#1789, b. between 1690 and 1695, d. 1750
|Birth*||Evan SHELBY was born between 1690 and 1695 in Tregaron, Cardiganshire, Wales.1|
|Marriage*||He married Catherine DAVIES about 1716 in Tregaron, Cardiganshire, Wales.2,3,1|
|Emigration*||Evan SHELBY emigrated about 1734 from Wales.4,3|
|Property*||Issued a Blunston License for 300 acres of land on the Conococheague Creek called Black Walnut Point, Pennsylvania on 4 July 1735. This land was later seized by a Richard Phillips to satisfy a debt.3,1,5|
|Property||Evan Shelby received a Blunston License for 200 acres "at Rockie Spring near head of Muddy Run at the Big Meadow on Conegochege." - 25 July 1737. Peter Hairstons and Andrew Hairstons also recived Blunston Licenses on the Conegochege on 6 June 1737.5|
|Death*||He died in 1750 in Maryland.1|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 19 July 1750 in Annapolis, Maryland; Evan Shelby's wife Catherine and son Evan, Jr. filed a bond on 19 July 1750.1|
|Catherine DAVIES d. 1754|
- [S173] Moon, Mary Ann. Sketches of the Shelby, McDowell, Deaderick, Anderson Families, The University of Wisconsin - Madison - 1933 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066319427, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S84] Shelby, Cass K. - Paternal Ancestry of Louis Shelby - May 12,1953, Hollidaysburg. Penn'a.
- [S209] Shelby, Cass K.; A Report on the First Three Generations of the Shelby Family in the United States of America. Place of publication not identified, 1917. Print.
- [S169] Mackenzie, George Norbury, 1851-1919. Colonial Families of the United States of America: In Which Is Given the History, Genealogy And Armorial Bearings of Colonial Families Who Settled In the American Colonies From the Time of the Settlement of Jamestown, 13th May, 1607, to the Battle of Lexington, 19th April, 1775. New York: The Grafton Press, 1907. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89058675869, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3422] Donehoo, George P. Dr., A History of the Cumberland Valley in Pennsylvania, Vol. 1, The Susquehanna Hostory Association, Harrisburg, 1930., Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||24 Mar 2018|