HAIRSTON.org ID#2838, b. 9 August 1748, d. before 1805
|Father*||Evan SHELBY Jr.1,2,3 b. 23 Oct 1720, d. 4 Dec 1794|
|Mother*||Letitia COX1 b. 12 Jan 1727, d. 6 Sep 1777|
|Birth*||John SHELBY was born on 9 August 1748 in Frederick County, Maryland.1,4|
|He was the son of Evan SHELBY Jr. and Letitia COX.1,2,3|
|Marriage*||John SHELBY married Elizabeth PILE in 1771.5|
|Death*||John SHELBY died before 1805.4|
|Elizabeth PILE b. 1746, d. 1816|
- [S169] Mackenzie, George Norbury, 1851-1919. Colonial Families of the United States of America: In Which Is Given the History, Genealogy And Armorial Bearings of Colonial Families Who Settled In the American Colonies From the Time of the Settlement of Jamestown, 13th May, 1607, to the Battle of Lexington, 19th April, 1775. New York: The Grafton Press, 1907. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89058675869, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3321] Wilkinson, M. M., Genealogy of Wilkinson and Kindred Families, Shelby Book Store, Shelby, Mississippi - 1949. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062464664, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S173] Moon, Mary Ann. Sketches of the Shelby, McDowell, Deaderick, Anderson Families, The University of Wisconsin - Madison - 1933 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066319427, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S84] Shelby, Cass Knight - Paternal Ancestry of Louis Shelby - May 12, 1953, Hollidaysburg. Penn'a. Binder given to Louis Coffman Shelby (1888-1969) in 1953. Contains genealogy information, maps, photographs and an appendix with sources. Starts Evan Shelby Jr., Moses Shelby, Evan Shelby, John Milton Shelby, Charles Shelby and then Louis Shelby. There are handwritten notations indicating additional information.
- [S113] Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications.
- [S73] Daughters of American Revolution (DAR) - This information has been claimed, but I have no idea if it is accurate.
|Last Edited||6 Jun 2023|