Sarah "Sallie" Hairston RENTFRO
HAIRSTON.org ID#1917, b. 22 February 1799, d. 16 September 1864
|Father*||Capt. Joshua RENTFRO1,2,3 b. 1 Jul 1757, d. 5 Sep 1815|
|Mother*||Jane "Jenny" HAIRSTON b. 16 Oct 1767, d. 28 Oct 1839|
|Birth*||Sarah "Sallie" Hairston RENTFRO was born on 22 February 1799 in Virginia, several souces say 1798.1,4,2,3,5,6|
|She was the daughter of Capt. Joshua RENTFRO and Jane "Jenny" HAIRSTON.1,2,3|
|Marriage*||Sarah "Sallie" Hairston RENTFRO married John STAPLES, son of Major John Fleming STAPLES Jr. and Martha STOVALL, on 12 October 1813 in Henry County, Virginia.7,2,8|
|Marriage*||Sarah "Sallie" Hairston RENTFRO married Col. Hiram Cassel BOONE, son of Samuel BOONE Jr. and Jane HUGHES, on 2 August 1821.1,8,3,6|
|Census 1850||Sarah "Sallie" Hairston RENTFRO appeared on the 1850 census of Col. Hiram Cassel BOONE in 1850 in Meade County, Kentucky.5 |
|Census 1860||Sarah "Sallie" Hairston RENTFRO appeared on the 1860 census of Col. Hiram Cassel BOONE on 17 August 1860 in Meade County, Kentucky; H.C. 71 KY, S.H. 62 VA, S.H. 31 KY, Jas M 27 KY, Ellen 23 KY, W.C. 5/12 KY, Junius B 25 KY, Victoria 23 KY, Malvina 20 KY, Hiram 18 KY, M.P. 13 MO.9|
|Death*||Sarah "Sallie" Hairston RENTFRO died on 16 September 1864 in Meade County, Kentucky, at age 65.4,2,8|
|Burial*||She was buried in Hiram C. Boone Family Cemetery, Meade County, Kentucky; |
Photo: Find A Grave by Susan Deibler.4
|John STAPLES b. 5 Oct 1785, d. b 27 Jul 1815|
|Col. Hiram Cassel BOONE b. 3 Jul 1789, d. 11 Aug 1862|
- [S241] Spraker, Hazel Atterbury, A Genealocical History of The Descendants of George and Mary Boone Who Came to America in 1717, The Tuttle Company, Rutland, Vermont, 1922.
- [S3399] Bishop, Donald E., Descendants of Bartholomew Stovall 1655-1722: First Five Generations. Laurel, Mississippi: Stovall Family Association, 1999. 929.273 St76bd https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/835331, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S242] Douglas, William Boone (Great-grandson of Jane "Jenny" Hairston Rentfro and founding member The Institution of American Genealogy) wrote a letter to Mrs. N. H. Hairston (Elizabeth Seawell Hairston, author of "The hairstons and the Penns..."), Washington, D.C., 27 December 1940.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3447] Spraker, Hazel Atterbury, The Boone Family: a Genealogical History of the Descendants of George And Mary Boone, Who Came to America In 1717 : Containing Many Unpublished Bits of Early Kentucky History : Also a Biographical Sketch of Daniel Boone, the Pioneer, by One of His Descendants. Rutland, Vt.: Tuttle Co., 1922. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062851142, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S67] Dodd, Virginia Anderson, Henry County, Virginia, Marriage Bonds, 1778-1849, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore 1976.
- [S3162] Email from Faith Bishoff, 25 Oct 2001 - Faith Bishoff is a 4th great-granddaughter of Jenny Hairston Rentfro.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3168] Letter from William Boone Douglas, Law office Stocklager, Heard & Douglas, Washington, D. C. to Mrs N H Hairston, Roanoke, Virginia, 27 Dec 1940.
|Last Edited||23 Nov 2021|