Lucinda Frances DADE
HAIRSTON.org ID#1754, b. 11 October 1816, d. 25 January 1856
|Father*||Henry Chew DADE1 b. a 1778, d. 20 Sep 1841|
|Mother*||Catherine Dade LEWIS2 b. 1790|
|Birth*||Lucinda Frances DADE was born on 11 October 1816 in Virginia, cemetery marker has no date of birth. The 1850 census shows her as 29 (birth c 1821). Tillman & Hamilton book show 1821 as birth date.3,4,1,5|
|She was the daughter of Henry Chew DADE and Catherine Dade LEWIS.1,2|
|Married Name||As of 15 November 1836,her married name was FOOTE.|
|Marriage*||Lucinda Frances DADE married Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE, son of William FOOTE and Nancy Saunders RICE, on 16 November 1836 in Noxubee County, Mississippi.6,5|
|Will||Lucinda Frances DADE was mentioned in the will of Henry Chew DADE on 9 August 1839 in Noxubee County, Mississippi; Mentions wife Catherine D. Dade, sons Robert F. Dade, Henry C. Dade Jr., Lee M. Dade, F. H. Dade, daughters Elizabeth W. Dabney, Lucinda F. Foote.7,8|
|Census 1850||Lucinda Frances DADE appeared on the 1850 census of Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE on 30 August 1850 in Noxubee County, Mississippi; HW 39, Lucinda F 29, Ann 12, Catharine L 10, William 8, Henry 6, Thomas 4, Frances A 0, Catherine D Dade 60.9|
|Death*||Lucinda Frances DADE died on 25 January 1856 in Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi, at age 39.4,5|
|Burial*||She was buried in Odd Fellows Cemetery, Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi.10 |
|Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE b. 17 Dec 1813, d. 29 Jan 1899|
- [S3200] Tillman, James David. Tillman & Hamilton Family Records: With Their Many Ancestral Lineages. Meridian, Miss.: 1959-1963. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062498571, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S89] Tandy, Lura Boulton and John Meriwether McAllister. Genealogies of the Lewis And Kindred Families. Salem, Mass.: Higginson Book Co., 199. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062355862, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3000] Glenn, Justin. The Washingtons, A Family History: Volume 1, Seven Generations of the Presidential Branch: Savas Beatie LLC, CA - 2014, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S39] Odd Fellows Cemetery, Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi.
- [S3644] Marriage - Hezekiah William Foote & Lucinda Frances Dade, Marriage license recorded in Noxubee County, Mississippi and signed by N. P. Beamon, Clerk. Married 16 November 1836, marriage certificate recorded on 24 May 1837 - Noxubee County, Mississippi, Marriage Records Vol. A 1834-1870, page 32, Family Search Film #007726174, Image 52.
- [S3639] Will of Henry Chew Dade - 9 Aug 1839 "Mississippi Probate Records, 1781-1930," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99QX-39ZF-M : 21 May 2014), Noxubee > Wills 1834-1894 vol A-B > image 49 of 456; county courthouses and public libraries, Mississippi., Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3189] Abstracts of Wills of Noxubee Co., MS., 1834 - 1910 and Index cases, Noxubee County Historical Society, Macon, MS, 1990, Ancestry.com.
- [S3630] "United States Census, 1850," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6DCS-QYN : 9 April 2016), Mississippi > Noxubee > Noxubee county > image 6 of 121; citing NARA microfilm publication M432 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.)., Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||19 Nov 2021|