Henry Dade FOOTE
HAIRSTON.org ID#1760, b. 3 December 1846, d. 21 June 1912
|Father*||Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE1,2 b. 17 Dec 1813, d. 29 Jan 1899|
|Mother*||Lucinda Frances DADE b. 11 Oct 1816, d. 25 Jan 1856|
|Birth*||Henry Dade FOOTE was born on 3 December 1846 in Mississippi, the 1900 Federal Census lists date of birth of Dec 1846. The cemetery marker is incorrect.3,4,5,6|
|He was the son of Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE and Lucinda Frances DADE.1,2|
|Census 1850||Henry Dade FOOTE appeared on the 1850 census of Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE on 30 August 1850 in Noxubee County, Mississippi; HW 39, Lucinda F 29, Ann 12, Catharine L 10, William 8, Henry 6, Thomas 4, Frances A 0, Catherine D Dade 60.7|
|Census 1860||Henry Dade FOOTE appeared on the 1860 census of Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE on 8 June 1860 in Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi.8 |
|Marriage*||Henry Dade FOOTE married Susan Caroline WALKER in 1868.3,2|
|Census 1870*||Henry Dade FOOTE appeared on the census of 11 June 1870 in Township 17, page 32, Lowndes County, Mississippi, Henry D Foote 23, Susan C Foote 19, living with Hunter Walker 18.9|
|Census 1880*||He appeared on the census of 8 June 1880 in Beat 5, District 108, Page 17, Lowndes County, Mississippi, Henry, Susan 30, Hunter 8, George 6, Annie 4.6|
|Will||He was mentioned in the will of Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE on 20 April 1892 in Noxubee County, Mississippi.10|
|Census 1900*||Henry Dade FOOTE appeared on the census of 15 June 1900 in Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi, Lists; Henry 53, Sue 49 (mother of 10, 7 living), William 27, Sallie 18, Henry 16, Drew 14, Sue 11. Married 32 years with 10 children, 7 still living.3|
|Death*||He died on 21 June 1912 at age 65.11|
|buried*||He was buried in Friendship Cemetery, Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi.11,12|
|Obituary*||Captain H. D. Foote Dead.|
Captain H. D. Foote died Friday morning at 5:30 a. m. at his home on the Highlands. Captain Foote has been suffering with gallstones for some time, and grew worse a few days ago. He has been confined to his bed for the past ten days and gradually grew worse until the end came.
Captain Foote was born at Macon, Miss., 69 years ago, and had lived near the time allotted to man in this world. He moved to Lowndes county and settled at Cobb Switch, now Bent Oak, where he lived until his removal to Columbus. He was a son of the late Judge H. W. Foote, of Macon, who was circuit Judge of that district for a number of years.
Judge Foote held the office of Justice of the Peace for a number of years and was always fair and honorable in all of his decisions. In the Civil War, 1861 to 1865, he went out as a young boy and did his duty for his country, and has died an honored Confederate soldier. There are left to mourn his loss, his family: a wife, three daughters, Mrs. Sid. Cox, city; Mrs. Ben Allen, city; and Mrs. Jack Aldridge, of Wilmot, Miss., and four sons, William, of Gulfport; George former Mayor of Gulfport; Henry, of Hattiesburg; Drew, who lives in this city, and is also survvied by a number of other relatives.
The funeral was held from the family residence yesterday morning at 10 o'clock, the services having been conducted, by Dr. H. G. Henderson, pastor of the First Methodist churc Columbus Dis.
Macon Beacon, Macon, Mississippi, Friday, June 28, 1912, page 1.
|Susan Caroline WALKER b. Jul 1850|
- [S83] Washington Family, John A. Washington, 17 November 1956.
- [S3200] Tillman, James David. Tillman & Hamilton Family Records: With Their Many Ancestral Lineages. Meridian, Miss.: 1959-1963. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062498571, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3630] "United States Census, 1850," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6DCS-QYN : 9 April 2016), Mississippi > Noxubee > Noxubee county > image 6 of 121; citing NARA microfilm publication M432 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.)., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3631] "United States Census, 1860", database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M6G8-X1K : 18 February 2021), Anne Foote in entry for H W Foote, 1860., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3621] Will of Hezekiah William Foote - 1892 Noxubee County, Mississippi Wills and Probate Papers 1834-1916, Noxubee County Chancery Court, 3147-3164, Images 1543-1556, Ancestry.com.
- [S257] Obituary attached to this record.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||20 Nov 2021|