Henry Chew DADE
HAIRSTON.org ID#1700, b. about 1778, d. 20 September 1841
|Birth*||Henry Chew DADE was born about 1778.1|
|Marriage*||He married Catherine Dade LEWIS, daughter of Fielding LEWIS Jr. and Elizabeth DADE, on 15 November 1809.1,2,3,4|
|Census 1830*||Henry Chew DADE appeared on the census of 1830 in Fauquier, Virginia, Henry C Dade 50-60, 1M 5-10, 2M 10-15, 1M 15-20, 1F5-10, 1F 30-40.5|
|Residence*||He lived in 1835 in Moved to, Noxubee County, Mississippi.|
|Will*||He left a will on 9 August 1839 in Noxubee County, Mississippi; Mentions wife Catherine D. Dade, sons Robert F. Dade, Henry C. Dade Jr., Lee M. Dade, F. H. Dade, daughters Elizabeth W. Dabney, Lucinda F. Foote.6,7|
|Census 1840*||He appeared on the census of 1840 in Noxubee County, Mississippi, H C Dade 60-70, 1M 10-15, 1M 20-30, 1F 20-30, 1F 50-60.8|
|Death*||He died on 20 September 1841 in Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi.1|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 4 October 1841 in Noxubee County, Mississippi.7,6|
|Catherine Dade LEWIS b. 1790|
- [S83] Washington Family, John A. Washington, 17 November 1956.
- [S90] Lewis, William Terrell, 1811-1893. Genealogy of the Lewis Family In America: From the Middle of the Seventeenth Century Down to the Present Time. Louisville, Ky.: Pub. by the Courier-Journal Job Printing Co., 1893. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062356233, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S89] Tandy, Lura Boulton and John Meriwether McAllister. Genealogies of the Lewis And Kindred Families. Salem, Mass.: Higginson Book Co., 199. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062355862, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3200] Tillman, James David. Tillman & Hamilton Family Records: With Their Many Ancestral Lineages. Meridian, Miss.: 1959-1963. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062498571, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3639] Will of Henry Chew Dade - 9 Aug 1839 "Mississippi Probate Records, 1781-1930," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99QX-39ZF-M : 21 May 2014), Noxubee > Wills 1834-1894 vol A-B > image 49 of 456; county courthouses and public libraries, Mississippi., Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3189] Abstracts of Wills of Noxubee Co., MS., 1834 - 1910 and Index cases, Noxubee County Historical Society, Macon, MS, 1990, Ancestry.com.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||17 Nov 2021|