Catherine Dade LEWIS
HAIRSTON.org ID#1567, b. 1790
|Father*||Fielding LEWIS Jr.1 b. 14 Feb 1750/51, d. 7 May 1803|
|Mother*||Elizabeth DADE2 d. bt 1804 - 1807|
|Birth*||Catherine Dade LEWIS was born in 1790 in Virginia.3|
|She was the daughter of Fielding LEWIS Jr. and Elizabeth DADE.1,2|
|Marriage*||Catherine Dade LEWIS married Henry Chew DADE on 15 November 1809.4,1,5|
|Residence*||Catherine Dade LEWIS lived in 1835 in Moved to, Noxubee County, Mississippi.|
|Will||In Henry Chew DADE's will dated 9 August 1839 in Noxubee County, Mississippi, Catherine Dade LEWIS was named as executor.6|
|Census 1850||She appeared on the 1850 census of Judge Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE on 30 August 1850 in Noxubee County, Mississippi; HW 39, Lucinda F 29, Ann 12, Catharine L 10, William 8, Henry 6, Thomas 4, Frances A 0, Catherine D Dade 60.3|
|Henry Chew DADE b. a 1778, d. 20 Sep 1841|
- [S90] Lewis, William Terrell, 1811-1893. Genealogy of the Lewis Family In America: From the Middle of the Seventeenth Century Down to the Present Time. Louisville, Ky.: Pub. by the Courier-Journal Job Printing Co., 1893. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062356233, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3000] Glenn, Justin. The Washingtons, A Family History: Volume 1, Seven Generations of the Prsidential Branch: Savas Beatie LLC, CA - 2014, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S83] Washington Family, John A. Washington, 17 November 1956.
- [S89] Tandy, Lura Boulton and John Meriwether McAllister. Genealogies of the Lewis And Kindred Families. Salem, Mass.: Higginson Book Co., 199. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062355862, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3189] Abstarcts of Wills of Noxubee Co., MS., 1834 - 1910 and Index cases, Noxubee County Historical Society, Macon, Ms., 1990, Lowndes County Library.
|Last Edited||11 May 2017|