Catherine Dade LEWIS
HAIRSTON.org ID#1567, b. 1790
|Father*||Fielding LEWIS Jr.1,2 b. 14 Feb 1750/51, d. Jul 1803|
|Mother*||Elizabeth DADE3 d. bt 1804 - 1807|
|Birth*||Catherine Dade LEWIS was born in 1790 in Virginia.4,2|
|She was the daughter of Fielding LEWIS Jr. and Elizabeth DADE.1,2,3|
|Married Name||As of 15 November 1809,her married name was DADE.|
|Marriage*||Catherine Dade LEWIS married Henry Chew DADE on 15 November 1809.5,1,6,2|
|Residence*||Catherine Dade LEWIS lived in 1835 in Moved to, Noxubee County, Mississippi.|
|Will||She was mentioned in the will of Henry Chew DADE on 9 August 1839 in Noxubee County, Mississippi; Mentions wife Catherine D. Dade, sons Robert F. Dade, Henry C. Dade Jr., Lee M. Dade, F. H. Dade, daughters Elizabeth W. Dabney, Lucinda F. Foote.7,8|
|Census 1850||Catherine Dade LEWIS appeared on the 1850 census of Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE on 30 August 1850 in Noxubee County, Mississippi; HW 39, Lucinda F 29, Ann 12, Catharine L 10, William 8, Henry 6, Thomas 4, Frances A 0, Catherine D Dade 60.9|
|Burial*||Catherine Dade LEWIS was buried in Odd Fellows Cemetery, Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi.10 |
|Henry Chew DADE b. a 1778, d. 20 Sep 1841|
- [S90] Lewis, William Terrell, 1811-1893. Genealogy of the Lewis Family In America: From the Middle of the Seventeenth Century Down to the Present Time. Louisville, Ky.: Pub. by the Courier-Journal Job Printing Co., 1893. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062356233, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3200] Tillman, James David. Tillman & Hamilton Family Records: With Their Many Ancestral Lineages. Meridian, Miss.: 1959-1963. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062498571, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3000] Glenn, Justin. The Washingtons, A Family History: Volume 1, Seven Generations of the Presidential Branch: Savas Beatie LLC, CA - 2014, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S83] Washington Family, John A. Washington, 17 November 1956.
- [S89] Tandy, Lura Boulton and John Meriwether McAllister. Genealogies of the Lewis And Kindred Families. Salem, Mass.: Higginson Book Co., 199. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062355862, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3639] Will of Henry Chew Dade - 9 Aug 1839 "Mississippi Probate Records, 1781-1930," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99QX-39ZF-M : 21 May 2014), Noxubee > Wills 1834-1894 vol A-B > image 49 of 456; county courthouses and public libraries, Mississippi., Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3189] Abstracts of Wills of Noxubee Co., MS., 1834 - 1910 and Index cases, Noxubee County Historical Society, Macon, MS, 1990, Ancestry.com.
- [S3630] "United States Census, 1850," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6DCS-QYN : 9 April 2016), Mississippi > Noxubee > Noxubee county > image 6 of 121; citing NARA microfilm publication M432 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.)., Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S39] Odd Fellows Cemetery, Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi.
|Last Edited||17 Nov 2021|