Huger Lee FOOTE
HAIRSTON.org ID#1764, b. 24 January 1856, d. 18 July 1915
|Father*||Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE1,2 b. 17 Dec 1813, d. 29 Jan 1899|
|Mother*||Lucinda Frances DADE3 b. 11 Oct 1816, d. 25 Jan 1856|
|Birth*||Huger Lee FOOTE was born on 24 January 1856 in Mississippi.4,5,6|
|He was the son of Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE and Lucinda Frances DADE.1,2,3|
|Census 1860||Huger Lee FOOTE appeared on the 1860 census of Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE on 8 June 1860 in Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi.7 |
|Census 1870||Huger Lee FOOTE appeared on the 1870 census of Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE on 3 June 1870 in Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi; HW 57, Sybilla 43, Thomas 21, Huger 14, Catharine L Welch 26, Emma 17, Mary 9, Georgiana 3;|
|Marriage*||Huger Lee FOOTE married Katie B. SHELBY on 26 January 1886 in Sharkey County, Mississippi.9,1,10|
|Will||Huger Lee FOOTE was mentioned in the will of Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE on 20 April 1892 in Noxubee County, Mississippi.11|
|Census 1900*||Huger Lee FOOTE appeared on the census of 1900 in Beat 1, Washington, Mississippi.5 |
|Death*||He died on 18 July 1915 at age 59.6|
|Burial*||He was buried in Mound Cemetery, Sharkey County, Mississippi.6|
|Katie B. SHELBY b. Jun 1866, d. 1928|
- [S83] Washington Family, John A. Washington, 17 November 1956.
- [S3200] Tillman, James David. Tillman & Hamilton Family Records: With Their Many Ancestral Lineages. Meridian, Miss.: 1959-1963. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062498571, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3000] Glenn, Justin. The Washingtons, A Family History: Volume 1, Seven Generations of the Presidential Branch: Savas Beatie LLC, CA - 2014, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3631] "United States Census, 1860", database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M6G8-X1K : 18 February 2021), Anne Foote in entry for H W Foote, 1860., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3629] United States Census, 1870," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-DTL7-V5H : 13 June 2019), Mississippi > Noxubee > District 15 > image 11 of 134; citing NARA microfilm publication M593 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.)., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S76] Mississippi Marriages, 1776-1935, Ancestry.com.
- [S90] Lewis, William Terrell, 1811-1893. Genealogy of the Lewis Family In America: From the Middle of the Seventeenth Century Down to the Present Time. Louisville, Ky.: Pub. by the Courier-Journal Job Printing Co., 1893. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062356233, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3621] Will of Hezekiah William Foote - 1892 Noxubee County, Mississippi Wills and Probate Papers 1834-1916, Noxubee County Chancery Court, 3147-3164, Images 1543-1556, Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||17 Nov 2021|