HAIRSTON.org ID#1741, b. about 1745, d. before January 1819
|Father*||Matthew AMYX1 b. 1715, d. 10 Apr 1779|
|Mother*||Mary (surname unknown)|
|Birth*||Samuel AMYX was born about 1745 in Augusta County, Virginia.2|
|He was the son of Matthew AMYX and Mary (surname unknown).1|
|Marriage*||Samuel AMYX married Ellenor HAIRSTON, daughter of Andrew HAIRSTON and Elizabeth (surname unknown), before 1764. Proof of marriage of Ellenor Hairston and Smauel Amyx (Amox) is established in the probate records of Andrew Hairston's will in Campbell County, Virginia.3|
|County Change*||1769 - Botetourt County formed from Augusta County.|
|County Change||1776 - Kentucky County from Fincastle.|
|Property*||Samuel Amyx inherited 200 acres of land in Kentucky from Samuel Hairston. His wife Eleanor (Hairston) Amyx also inherited 200 acres.|
Note: Kentucky refers to Kentucky County, Virginia. Kentucky did not become a state until 1792.4
|Will||In Samuel HAIRSTON's will dated 9 February 1782 in Campbell County, Virginia, Samuel AMYX was named as an heir.4|
|Property||1787 Botetourt County - Matthew and wife Katherine transfer land to his brother Samuel.|
|Property||Samuel Amyx has 395 acres of land in Botetourt County surveyed.5|
|Census 1810*||He appeared on the census of 1810 in Botetourt County, Virginia, Amix, Sam'l Sr, Males 16-25 1, 45+ 1, Females 10-15 1, 16-25 2. James Amix and Mathew Amix Sr. are also listed on same page of 1810 census.6|
|Will*||He left a will on 5 May 1818 in Botetourt County, Virginia.7|
|Death*||He died before January 1819.|
|Probate*||His estate was probated in January 1819 in Botetourt County, Virginia.7|
|Ellenor HAIRSTON b. a 1745, d. b 5 May 1818|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S178] Will of Matthew Amyx - 1776 -.
- [S46] Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, The Hairston History, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - copy.
- [S122] Will Andrew Hairston dated 8 Aug 1777, was proved in Campbell County Will Book #1, page 4-6, 6 June 1782. Inventory & Apprasial recorded 6 Mar. 1783, Will Book 1, pages 23-24 (Reel 19), Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S101] Will & Probate of Samuel Hairston - 1782, Campbell County Will Book #1, page 6, Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S3183] Summers, L. Preston., Coale, C. B., Bickley, G. W. L. (1929). Annals of southwest Virginia, 1769-1800. Abingdon, Va.: L. P. Summers.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uva.x000213451, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1810] 1810 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3554] Will of Samuel Amyx 5 May 1818, Botetourt County, Virginia, Proved January Court 1819, Botetourt County, Virginia Will Book v. A-C 1770-1824, page 158-159. Family History Library Microfilm 30695, image 624 of 853. Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
|Last Edited||10 Feb 2022|