Andrew AMYX Sr
HAIRSTON.org ID#3635, d. about February 1830
|Father*||Samuel AMYX1 b. a 1745, d. b Jan 1819|
|Mother*||Eleanor HAIRSTON2 b. a 1745, d. b 5 May 1818|
|Andrew AMYX Sr was the son of Samuel AMYX and Eleanor HAIRSTON.1,2|
|Grant*||Virginia Land Grant, warrant #1359, 1809 Botetourt County - 110 acres on the waters of Glade Creek, which is the waters of Roanoak River. Virginia Land Office Grants No. 58, 1809, p. 523-524 (Reel 124). Library of Virginia.3|
|Marriage*||Andrew AMYX Sr married Elizabeth TAYLOR on 20 April 1810 in Rockbridge County, Virginia.4|
|Will||Andrew AMYX Sr was mentioned in the will of Samuel AMYX on 5 May 1818 in Botetourt County, Virginia; Mentions sons Isaac, Andrew, daughters Peggy Taylor, Elizabeth Preston, Esther Lamb, Susannah Amyx and Elinor Amyx.1,5|
|Grant||Virginia Land Grant, warrant #7907, 1829 Botetourt County - 80 acres on the waters of Glade Creek, which is the waters of Roan-Oak River. Virginia Land Office Grants No. 78, 1828-1829, p. 393 (Reel 144). Library of Virginia.|
|Will*||Andrew AMYX Sr left a will on 1 January 1830 in Botetourt County, Virginia. Botetourt County Will Book E, page 64. Family Search Library Film #7644337, image 403.6|
|Death*||He died about February 1830.|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 25 March 1830 in Botetourt County, Virginia; 28 March 1830, Inventory apprasial of Andrew Amyx estate. - Botetourt County Will Book E, page 112. Family Search Library Film #7644337, image 427.|
|Probate||His estate was probated on 26 March 1830; On 26 March 1830, personal estate of Andrew Amyx was sold. - Botetourt County Will Book E, page 117. Family Search Library Film #7644337, image 429.|
|Probate||His estate was probated between 1831 and 1841; The probate of the estate of Andrew Amyx lasted until the June court of 1841. Over the years there were statements regarding the maintenance of the minor children and the sale of the estate assests. - Botentourt Will Book E pages, 112, 117, 362, 688, 868, 907, Book F pages 112, 343.|
- [S3554] Will of Samuel Amyx 5 May 1818, Botetourt County, Virginia, Proved January Court 1819, Botetourt County, Virginia Will Book v. A-C 1770-1824, page 158-159. Family History Library Microfilm 30695, image 624 of 853. Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S46] Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, The Hairston History, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - copy.
- [S2] Part of the index to the recorded copies of patents for land issued by the Secretary of the Colony serving as the colonial Land Office. The collection is housed in the Archives at the Library of Virginia, Richmond.
- [S110] Unknown author. Dodd, Jordan R., et al.. Early American Marriages: Virginia to 1850, Precision Indexing Publishers, Bountiful, UT. N.p.: n.pub.
- [S3127] Worrell, Anne L. Early Marriages, Wills, and Some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia. Baltimore: Geneal. Pub. Co, 1975. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3770] Will of Andrew Amyx - Botetourt County Will Book E, apge 64. Family Search Library Film #7644337, image 403., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
|Last Edited||9 Jul 2023|